- The Latest: Kerry's nuke deal testimony translated in Iran Updated: Jul-28-15 12:58 pm
WASHINGTON - The latest developments on Obama administration officials' testimony Tuesday before Congress on the Iran nuclear deal (all times local EDT):
- Saudi FM says Iran is still showing 'hostility' in region Updated: Jul-27-15 4:22 pm
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - Saudi Arabia's top diplomat has told visiting EU foreign policy chief that Iran is still showing "hostility" toward countries in the region, following a landmark deal on curbing Tehran's nuclear program earlier this month.
- Iran's top diplomat tours Arab states following nuclear deal Updated: Jul-26-15 10:37 am
KUWAIT CITY - Iran's top diplomat began a three-nation regional tour Sunday aimed at deepening ties with Arab neighbors following the conclusion of the Islamic Republic's historic nuclear deal with world powers.
- Iran lawmakers said to need 'at least' 60 days for nuke deal Updated: Jul-21-15 1:08 pm
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran's parliament will need "at least" 60 days to review a proposed final deal with world powers over its contested nuclear program, a prominent lawmaker said Tuesday, giving legislators in the Islamic Republic about the same time as the U.S. Congress to examine the proposal.
- UN endorses Iran nuclear deal with 6 world powers Updated: Jul-20-15 5:34 pm
UNITED NATIONS - The U.N. Security Council on Monday unanimously endorsed the landmark deal to rein in Iran's nuclear program and authorized measures leading to the end of U.N. sanctions, but also approved a provision that would automatically reinstate the harsh measures if Tehran reneges on its promises.
- Report: Iran, Germany to hold major economic conference Updated: Jul-20-15 3:01 pm
TEHRAN, Iran - Closer ties between Iran and Germany will help bridge the gap between Europe and the entire Middle East, Iran's president said as Iran and Germany announced plans to hold their first joint economic conference in a decade, the official IRNA news agency reported on Monday.
- Israel premier: Iran leader's speech shows nuke deal's folly Updated: Jul-19-15 2:16 pm
JERUSALEM - Israel's prime minister says an "aggressive and confrontational speech" by Iran's supreme leader shows that any expectations a nuclear deal would soften the militancy of the Islamic Republic were misguided.
- US, Iran roll the dice diplomatically and get a nuclear deal Updated: Jul-18-15 12:46 am
WASHINGTON - The talks themselves were a groundbreaking and risky proposition when U.S. and Iranian officials met secretly in the sleepy Arab kingdom of Oman, archenemies feinting for a diplomatic opening. The opposing sides had barely spoken to one another in three-plus decades.
- The Latest: Obama: Unlikely that deal benefits militants Updated: Jul-15-15 2:55 pm
WASHINGTON - Here are the latest developments involving the agreement between the United States, Iran and world powers to limit the Islamic Republic's nuclear program (all times EDT):
- In Arab world, worries that deal will boost Iran's power Updated: Jul-15-15 6:03 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - The nuclear deal with Iran was met with a profound wariness in the Arab world, where concerns are widespread that the easing of its international isolation could tip the already bloody contest for power in the region toward Shiite-led Tehran.
- Iran nuclear deal: Fine 'new chapter' or 'historic mistake'? Updated: Jul-14-15 10:16 pm
VIENNA - Overcoming decades of hostility, Iran, the United States, and five other world powers struck a historic accord Tuesday to check Tehran's nuclear efforts short of building a bomb. The agreement could give Iran access to billions in frozen assets and oil revenue, stave off more U.S. military action in the Middle East and reshape the tumultuous region.
- Iranians welcome nuclear deal, hope for brighter economy Updated: Jul-14-15 4:32 pm
TEHRAN, Iran - Drivers honked their horns and dozens of Iranians cheered in a main square and boulevard of the capital Tehran on Tuesday, welcoming their country's landmark nuclear deal with world powers, which they hope will mean an end to isolation and sanctions that have crippled the economy.
- The Iran deal: A look at what it does and problems remaining Updated: Jun-30-15 4:29 am
VIENNA - World powers and Iran are back in nuclear talks, and this round may be the deciding one.
- For world, limited options if Iran talks fall apart Updated: Jun-29-15 3:17 pm
CAIRO - The Iranian nuclear talks are playing out in classic fashion: A self-imposed deadline appears to have been extended due to stubborn disputes, with the sides publicly sticking to positions and facing internal pressure from opponents ready to pounce on any compromise.