- Draft accords of sanctions relief at Iran nuke talks in hand Updated: Jul-04-15 2:50 pm
VIENNA - World powers and Iran have drawn up a draft document on the pace and timing of sanctions relief for the Islamic republic in exchange for curbs on Iran's nuclear program, advancing on one of the most contentious issues at their negotiations, diplomats told The Associated Press on Saturday.
- The Iran deal: A look at what it does and problems remaining Updated: Jun-30-15 4:29 am
VIENNA - World powers and Iran are back in nuclear talks, and this round may be the deciding one.
- For world, limited options if Iran talks fall apart Updated: Jun-29-15 3:17 pm
CAIRO - The Iranian nuclear talks are playing out in classic fashion: A self-imposed deadline appears to have been extended due to stubborn disputes, with the sides publicly sticking to positions and facing internal pressure from opponents ready to pounce on any compromise.
- Once unheard of, US-Iran talks become the new normal Updated: Jun-27-15 11:54 am
VIENNA - The top American and Iranian diplomats faced each other across a square table in a 19th century Viennese palace, the room austerely decorated and the atmosphere calm as they started the final push for a generation-defining nuclear agreement on Saturday.
- Kerry off to Vienna for Iran nuke talks as deadline looms Updated: Jun-26-15 8:53 am
WASHINGTON - With next week's deadline for an Iran nuclear deal fast approaching, Secretary of State John Kerry headed back to the talks in Vienna, Austria, on Friday, this time leaning on crutches.
- Kerry: US undeterred by Iran leader's nuke comments Updated: Jun-24-15 8:03 pm
WASHINGTON - Nuclear negotiations between world powers and Iran will not be affected by recent comments from Iran's supreme leader who appeared to backtrack on key points of an emerging deal, Secretary of State John Kerry said Wednesday.
- Kerry: Accounting of past Iran nuclear work not key for deal Updated: Jun-16-15 8:43 pm
WASHINGTON - Secretary of State John Kerry said Tuesday that a full accounting of Iran's possible past atomic weapons research is not necessarily critical to reaching a nuclear deal with Tehran. His comments came amid concerns the Obama administration is backing down on demands that Iran resolve concerns about previous work as part of an agreement that would curb its nuclear program in exchange for sanctions relief.
- Iraq militias say they don't need US help in Anbar operation Updated: Jun-12-15 2:53 pm
KESSARRAT, Iraq - Ali Ahsan paced back and forth carrying a rifle more than half his height in the searing heat as his militia convoy made a pit stop in the Anbar desert to rest and pray.
- Officials: Nuke deal won't answer Iran weapons Qs on Day 1 Updated: Jun-11-15 4:01 pm
WASHINGTON - World powers are prepared to accept a nuclear agreement with Iran that doesn't immediately answer questions about past atomic weapons work, U.S. and Western officials said. Washington has said such concerns must be resolved in any final deal.