- With baseball's 2nd-worst record, a lost season for Marlins Updated: Jul-31-15 4:27 pm
MIAMI - Ace right-hander Jose Fernandez is unbeaten and perhaps stronger than ever after recovering from elbow surgery. Giancarlo Stanton remains one of baseball's top power hitters. Dee Gordon is among the game's leaders in batting average and stolen bases. Adeiny Hechavarria has become an All-Star shortstop.
- Nationals land Papelbon in trade, fall to Marlins 4-1 Updated: Jul-29-15 2:27 pm
MIAMI - The Washington Nationals have a new closer, landing All-Star Jonathan Papelbon from the Philadelphia Phillies.
- Marlins activate Gordon, but Alvarez gone for season Updated: Jul-28-15 5:18 pm
MIAMI - All-Star second baseman Dee Gordon was activated from the disabled list by the Miami Marlins on Tuesday, the same day that the team announced that Henderson Alvarez had season-ending shoulder surgery.
- Upton's HR, Despaigne's pitching help Padres beat Marlins Updated: Jul-26-15 8:36 pm
SAN DIEGO - The way things were going, it seemed the Padres would likely be sellers as the trade deadline approaches. That was before they won five of eight on homestead that might change the front office's thinking.
- Haren escapes repeated jams to help Marlins beat Reds 8-1 Updated: Jul-12-15 5:30 pm
MIAMI - Pitching against Johnny Cueto, Dan Haren figured he needed to be at his best. With runners on base, he was.
- Marlins' Dee Gordon might avoid DL despite dislocated thumb Updated: Jul-12-15 5:24 pm
MIAMI - Marlins All-Star second baseman Dee Gordon may be able to avoid the disabled list despite dislocating his left thumb.
- Johnny Cueto throws tantrum as Reds lose to Marlins 8-1 Updated: Jul-12-15 5:17 pm
MIAMI - The Cincinnati Reds made a mess of their final game before the All-Star break, and not just because of the ice scattered across the dugout floor after Johnny Cueto angrily sent a cooler flying.
- Kershaw, Santiago join All-Stars, replacing Scherzer, Gray Updated: Jul-12-15 4:30 pm
CINCINNATI - With several All-Stars pitching Sunday and other players nursing injuries, the rosters for the Mid-Summer Classic went through some changes before Tuesday's game in Cincinnati.
- Tulowitzki replaces Gordon on NL All-Star team Updated: Jul-11-15 10:52 pm
DENVER - Colorado Rockies shortstop Troy Tulowitzki learned Saturday he was heading to the All-Star Game again as an injury replacement.
- 4 Royals elected to start All-Star Game; Reds' Frazier, too Updated: Jul-05-15 10:51 pm
NEW YORK - The All-Star Game will have a Kansas City flavor, just not as much as it appeared last month.
- Queen City crew: Sending All-Stars young and old to Cincy Updated: Jul-03-15 11:22 am
NEW YORK - Anyone still ranting about the online election that put five Kansas City Royals in position to start the All-Star Game, the following is for you.