- Donnie Baseball returns to LA with no hard feelings Updated: Apr-25-16 10:50 pm
LOS ANGELES - Don Mattingly sat in his usual spot on the top of the dugout bench. Except he was wearing a black hat and jersey with a multi-colored 'M' on the front.
- Giants hit into 3 double plays in 5-4 loss to Marlins Updated: Apr-24-16 8:43 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Giants leadoff hitter Angel Pagan brought another sold-out crowd at AT&T Park to its feet with his two-out, tying RBI single in the sixth inning.
- Marlins hold off Giants 5-4 to avoid 3-game sweep Updated: Apr-24-16 8:29 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Miami manager Don Mattingly thinks slugger Giancarlo Stanton took an encouraging step with his third multihit game of the season.
- Bonds enjoying his new job as he returns to San Francisco Updated: Apr-21-16 6:02 pm
MIAMI - Barry Bonds bicycles across the Rickenbacker Causeway on his daily morning ride, Biscayne Bay on one side and the Atlantic Ocean on the other, a complicated past behind him.
- Suzuki shines at bat and in field, helps Miami beat Nats 5-1 Updated: Apr-21-16 5:15 pm
MIAMI - Ichiro Suzuki quietly cleaned his cleats in a noisy postgame clubhouse Thursday before packing the shoes for his next game, which will be No. 2,368.
- Marlins muster only 5 hits and lose to Nationals 3-1 Updated: Apr-20-16 11:29 pm
MIAMI - The mood was subdued Wednesday night at Marlins Park, where the home team gave a small crowd little to cheer about.
- Braves complete sweep by beating Marlins 6-5 in 10 innings Updated: Apr-17-16 8:05 pm
MIAMI - With his next scheduled start two days away, Atlanta Braves right-hander Matt Wisler began playing catch in the bullpen in the ninth inning Sunday as his team attempted to close out a series sweep.
- 8 games in, Collins said Mets 'had to win' against Marlins Updated: Apr-13-16 7:59 pm
NEW YORK - Ahead by two runs, Mets manager Terry Collins brought in Jeurys Familia for the third straight day.
- Scoring and long ball back during 1st week of MLB season Updated: Apr-11-16 7:14 pm
NEW YORK - The long ball is back.
- Werth comes through as Nationals beat Marlins 4-2 Updated: Apr-10-16 7:04 pm
WASHINGTON - A week into the new season, Nationals outfielder Jayson Werth still has two fewer hits than his team has wins.
- Fernandez's home winning streak ends at 17 Updated: Apr-06-16 9:38 pm
MIAMI - Jose Fernandez lost at Marlins Park for the first time.
- Saltalamacchia's 4 RBIs lift Tigers over Marlins 7-3 Updated: Apr-06-16 8:47 pm
MIAMI - Jarrod Saltalamacchia homered and drove in four runs and Francisco Rodriguez struck out Giancarlo Stanton to end the game with the bases loaded as the Detroit Tigers beat Miami 7-3 Wednesday and sent Marlins ace Jose Fernandez his first loss in 27 career starts at home.
- New ballpark dimensions get tested when Marlins host Tigers Updated: Apr-04-16 6:09 pm
MIAMI - Giancarlo Stanton is excited about the revamped outfield wall at Marlins Park, and not just because the changes make it easier for him to hit home runs.
- Wacha goes 5 scoreless innings in Cards' win over Marlins Updated: Mar-30-16 6:29 pm
JUPITER, Florida - The St. Louis Cardinals employed the same formula they used to win 100 games last season - good starting pitching, enough timely hitting and Trevor Rosenthal closing out the game - to defeat the Miami Marlins 3-0 on Wednesday in both teams' final game at the spring training complex they share.
- Narveson, 4 relievers pitch 2-hitter; Marlins beat Mets 1-0 Updated: Mar-29-16 5:12 pm