- Mets add hitting help, trade for Detroit's Cespedes Updated: Jul-31-15 5:42 pm
NEW YORK - The Mets acquired slugging outfielder Yoenis Cespedes from Detroit on Friday in their strongest attempt yet to boost a punchless lineup that threatened to derail their postseason hopes.
- Mets reliever Mejia banned for year for positive drug test Updated: Jul-29-15 12:09 am
NEW YORK - Just back from an 80-game drug suspension, New York Mets reliever Jenrry Mejia was banned for an additional 162 games Tuesday by Major League Baseball following a second positive test for performance-enhancing substances.
- Mets put Cuddyer on disabled list, promote prospect Conforto Updated: Jul-24-15 7:38 pm
NEW YORK - The New York Mets promoted top hitting prospect Michael Conforto from Double-A and put him in the starting lineup Friday night against the Los Angeles Dodgers.
- OF Cuddyer has knee re-examined, Mets hopeful for return Updated: Jul-23-15 10:36 pm
NEW YORK - New York left fielder Michael Cuddyer was re-examined by doctors Thursday and given a new medication for his aching left knee that the Mets hope will keep him off the disabled list.
- Mets rookie Matz has no regrets about pitching with injury Updated: Jul-10-15 9:38 pm
NEW YORK - Mets rookie Steven Matz insisted Friday he has no regrets about pitching with an achy muscle even though the injury turned out to be more serious than he thought.