- Walker drops 34, Hornets defeat Heat 89-85 to even series Updated: Apr-25-16 10:54 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Steve Clifford has seen that look in Kemba Walker's eye. It tells the Charlotte coach to just give the point guard the ball and let him go.
- UNC's Williams aims to coach Tar Heels another 5-9 years Updated: Apr-12-16 6:00 pm
CHAPEL HILL, North Carolina - There was no long mourning period for North Carolina coach Roy Williams after the heartbreaking loss in the NCAA championship game. Within days he was on the recruiting trail and meeting with current players to talk about next season.
- Column: Through the pain, Tar Heels show they're winners too Updated: Apr-06-16 2:14 am
The difference between winning and losing was so small. The pain and hurt from being on the wrong side was so big.
- Tar Heels begin moving forward after falling short of title Updated: Apr-05-16 7:03 pm
CHAPEL HILL, North Carolina - North Carolina started the year with a No. 1 ranking, swept the Atlantic Coast Conference regular-season and tournament titles and battled to the final Monday night of the season to play for the national championship.
- 1 good shot deserves another, and Villanova comes out on top Updated: Apr-05-16 3:31 am
HOUSTON - Some plays you can't draw up. Other plays you can.
- Villanova tops Carolina 77-74 on Jenkins' buzzer-beater Updated: Apr-05-16 3:30 am
HOUSTON - Kris Jenkins is one of those players who believes every shot is going in.
- Williams and Tar Heels stunned by last-second loss to 'Nova Updated: Apr-05-16 1:22 am
HOUSTON - Roy Williams cried.
- Jay Wright gets his first national championship with 'Nova Updated: Apr-05-16 1:13 am
HOUSTON - Jay Wright may still be the best dressed coach in college basketball. Now he has a national championship to go with those expensive suits.
- The Latest: Jenkins beats buzzer and UNC for national title Updated: Apr-04-16 11:32 pm
HOUSTON - The Latest on the championship game of the NCAA Tournament between Villanova and North Carolina (all times local):
- Roy Williams could join coaching royalty with another title Updated: Apr-03-16 6:03 pm
HOUSTON - North Carolina is one win from a sixth national championship. Roy Williams is one win from joining coaching royalty.
- North Carolina looks for 6th NCAA title against Villanova Updated: Apr-03-16 2:28 am
HOUSTON - North Carolina will look for its sixth NCAA championship when the Tar Heels meet the Villanova Wildcats, trying for their second, on Monday night.
- It's defense that wins big games, even at the Final Four Updated: Apr-03-16 2:27 am
HOUSTON - When the Final Four semifinals were over it was easy to look at the left side of the scores and be impressed.
- Inside-outside job lifts Tar Heels to 83-66 win over Orange Updated: Apr-03-16 12:34 am
HOUSTON - This looked like an inside job all the way for North Carolina.
- The Latest: North Carolina cruises to national title game Updated: Apr-02-16 10:52 pm
HOUSTON - The Latest on the Final Four with Villanova and Oklahoma playing in the first semifinal and North Carolina and Syracuse in Game 2. (all times local):
- Final Four: Buddy Ball vs. Philly Ball, Hall of Fame matchup Updated: Apr-02-16 5:42 pm
HOUSTON - Buddy Ball vs. Philly Ball and a matchup of Hall of Fame coaches.
- NCAA still searching for answers to fix transfer troubles Updated: Apr-01-16 6:06 pm
HOUSTON - Oklahoma forward Ryan Spangler had a no-drama transfer.
- Correction: Final Four-Emmert story Updated: Apr-01-16 1:53 pm
HOUSTON - In a story March 31 about NCAA president Mark Emmert's comments at the Final Four, The Associated Press incorrectly characterized a new state law in North Carolina. The law excludes lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people from anti-discrimination protections but is not a religious exemption law.
- 2 teams afoul of NCAA meet in Final 4 'Infraction Bowl' Updated: Mar-31-16 6:29 pm
HOUSTON - Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim doesn't like using the term "clean" to describe a college sports program, because the opposite of that would mean "dirty."
- MSU's Valentine, Kansas' Self win AP player, coach of year Updated: Mar-31-16 4:48 pm
HOUSTON - The names Denzel Valentine and Buddy Hield have been virtually inseparable during college basketball's postseason.
- Kansas' Bill Self wins AP Coach of the Year Updated: Mar-31-16 2:25 pm
HOUSTON - Bill Self, who led Kansas to the No. 1 ranking in the final weekly poll and its 12th straight Big 12 title, is The Associated Press Coach of the Year.