- 'The Martian' screenwriter says Los Alamos influenced film Updated: Oct-06-15 9:06 am
LOS ALAMOS, New Mexico - The screenwriter for the newly released film, "The Martian," says growing up in Los Alamos, New Mexico, inspired his project.
- Damon, Scott book a return to space in 'The Martian' Updated: Sep-29-15 9:48 pm
TORONTO - "The Martian" was briefly stranded in Hollywood development when Ridley Scott reached out to Matt Damon, the star attached to the stalled projected.
- Review: Damon charms as stranded astronaut in 'The Martian' Updated: Sep-28-15 11:28 am
Without Matt Damon, the solitary fight for survival on Mars would be lonely indeed. Alone on screen for most of his scenes as an astronaut stranded on the red planet, the Oscar-nominated actor is the winning heart of Ridley Scott's epic space adventure, "The Martian."
- The 7 movies to see from the Toronto Film Festival Updated: Sep-17-15 2:08 pm
TORONTO - "What have you seen that you liked?"
- Russian who 'saved the world' recalls his decision as 50/50 Updated: Sep-17-15 2:22 am
FRYAZINO, Russia - The elderly former Soviet military officer who answers the door is known in the West as "The man who saved the world."
- NASA astronaut hits halfway point of yearlong spaceflight Updated: Sep-15-15 5:02 pm
CAPE CANAVERAL, Florida - Space station astronaut Scott Kelly is halfway home.
- 'The Martian' blasts off at Toronto Film Festival Updated: Sep-11-15 6:34 pm
TORONTO - "The Martian" has landed.
- Moore, Gyllenhaal kick off 40th Toronto Film Festival Updated: Sep-11-15 2:30 am
TORONTO - The Toronto International Film Festival opened its 40th year with a gala double feature of Jake Gyllenhaal and Michael Moore.
- Toronto fest teaming with true-life tales, big and small Updated: Sep-09-15 6:35 pm
NEW YORK - Hank Williams, Dan Rather and Lance Armstrong: The fictional guest list to the 40th Toronto International Film Festival is a curious group.
- Astronauts have read 'The Martian,' now can't wait for movie Updated: Sep-08-15 12:15 pm
CAPE CANAVERAL, Florida - The book "The Martian" is earning high praise from space, and the astronaut-reviewer can't wait to see the soon-to-be-released movie.