- Maturing Crosby back on top of his game for Penguins Updated: May-31-16 6:29 pm
PITTSBURGH - Sidney Crosby does not have an off switch. If there was one, Patric Hornqvist believes he would have found it by now.
- Even in retirement, Dupuis a factor for Penguins Updated: May-31-16 2:24 am
PITTSBURGH - Pascal Dupuis headed home to Montreal last December, threw his hockey gear in the garage and waited for his retirement to become real.
- Penguins edge Sharks 3-2 in Game 1 of Stanley Cup Final Updated: May-31-16 12:36 am
PITTSBURGH - Nick Bonino looks the part. Thatchy beard that juts out well below his chinstrap. Nose a bit askew. The rugged forward has etched out a career making a living in tight spaces, putting his body in places on the ice that aren't for the meek.
- The Latest: Penguins beat Sharks 3-2 in Stanley Cup Game 1 Updated: May-30-16 11:01 pm
- Bettman not bullish about NHL participation in 2018 Olympics Updated: May-30-16 7:45 pm
PITTSBURGH - The NHL remains open to continuing to send its players to the Olympics, just so long as it doesn't have foot the bill.
- Stanley Cup Final turns into reunion for Sharks' Paul Martin Updated: May-30-16 2:15 am
SAN JOSE, California - Back when the playoffs started nearly seven weeks ago, San Jose Sharks defenseman Paul Martin wondered what it would be like to play his old teammates in Pittsburgh in the Stanley Cup Final.
- Stanley Cup Capsule Updated: May-29-16 6:46 pm
- Creative Rutherford, blunt Sullivan key Penguins' turnaround Updated: May-28-16 4:47 pm
PITTSBURGH - The door closed and Mike Sullivan started to talk. Over the course of the next 10 minutes, the Pittsburgh Penguins coach laid out for rookie goaltender Matt Murray why veteran Marc-Andre Fleury was starting Game 5 of the Eastern Conference finals even though Murray's rapid maturation was one of the reasons Pittsburgh found itself two wins from a spot in the Stanley Cup Final.
- In disarray in December, resilient Pittsburgh in Cup Final Updated: May-27-16 2:20 am
PITTSBURGH - During his first day on the job in mid-December, Mike Sullivan looked around the Pittsburgh Penguins' dressing room and saw a couple of MVPs, a handful of All-Stars and millionaires in abundance.
- Penguins top Lightning 2-1 to advance to Stanley Cup Final Updated: May-27-16 12:31 am
PITTSBURGH - The hours before the biggest game of Bryan Rust's life were restless. The nap he tried to sneak in never materialized. The Pittsburgh Penguins forward's mind was simply too busy.
- Crosby helps Penguins beat Lightning to force Game 7 Updated: May-25-16 12:27 am
TAMPA, Florida - The Pittsburgh Penguins made good on Evgeni Malkin's pledge to force Game 7 in the Eastern Conference final.
- Mike Johnston returns to WHL's Portland Winter Hawks as coach and GM Updated: May-11-16 5:25 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Less than two years ago, Mike Johnston thought he had closed the book on his days as head coach and general manager of the Western Hockey League's Portland Winterhawks.
- Penguins edge Capitals 4-3 in OT to win series in 6 games Updated: May-11-16 1:23 am
- Ovechkin a force as Capitals beat Penguins to stay alive Updated: May-07-16 11:22 pm
WASHINGTON - Alex Ovechkin's teammates watched him turn his game up to a whole new level. Then the Washington Capitals followed him all the way to Game 6.
- Kane, Benn and Crosby are Hart Trophy finalists Updated: May-07-16 1:59 pm
- Lesser names hogging spotlight for Penguins, Capitals Updated: May-05-16 5:39 pm
PITTSBURGH - The well-traveled defenseman filling in for his team's most indispensable player scored the first goal. The seemingly ageless center closing in on his 40th birthday scored the second. And the winger who makes a living trying to create space for Pittsburgh captain Sidney Crosby delivered the overtime winner that brought the Penguins within one victory of a spot in the Eastern Conference finals.