- Government administrators aim to go lean at Ohio conference Updated: Jun-24-16 12:58 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio's successful efforts to streamline government operations are being highlighted at a national conference in Columbus.
- Ohio's GOP senator considering gun compromise Updated: Jun-21-16 6:09 pm
CINCINNATI - Ohio's Republican U.S. senator expressed interest Tuesday in a compromise gun control measure being offered in the aftermath of defeats this week of other legislation.
- Trump's campaign fundraising falling far short of Clinton's Updated: Jun-21-16 4:15 am
WASHINGTON - By any measure, Donald Trump's fundraising is falling far short of his Democratic rival, Hillary Clinton.
- Strickland pitches women with family, economic policies Updated: Jun-21-16 12:22 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Democratic U.S. Senate candidate Ted Strickland of Ohio is appealing to the women's vote with a package of policy initiatives that he says promote strong families, economic equality, health care access and affordable child care.
- GOP sees no immediate fundraising boost from Trump Updated: Jun-20-16 9:29 pm
WASHINGTON - Having Donald Trump as its presumptive presidential candidate has not immediately paid off for the Republican Party, which began June with one-third as much cash as it had four years earlier, when Mitt Romney was its leader.
- In Appalachia Ohio, party allegiances dissolve, TV ads spar Updated: Jun-19-16 5:35 pm
LISBON, Ohio - Skip Hawk is Ohio's close political divide personified. The 66-year-old retired foreman pondered his fall ballot options over a gravy-slathered breakfast at the Steel Trolley Diner recently and figured he'll probably pick Republican Donald Trump for president but local son Ted Strickland, a Democrat, in the race for U.S. Senate.
- US Senate hopeful Strickland visits eastern Ohio home base Updated: Jun-08-16 2:04 pm
LISBON, Ohio - Democrat Ted Strickland visited his union-heavy home base in eastern Ohio on Wednesday to remind voters of his pro-labor record as he tries to unseat Republican U.S. Sen. Rob Portman.
- Coal miners PAC backs Portman over Strickland for US Senate Updated: Jun-02-16 4:52 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A coal miners' union influential in Appalachian Ohio endorsed Republican incumbent Rob Portman on Thursday over rival Ted Strickland in the closely watched contest for U.S. Senate.
- GOP's Portman releases TV ads in US Senate race in Ohio Updated: May-31-16 5:16 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - U.S. Sen. Rob Portman touts his efforts to tackle heroin addiction in the first statewide television ads of his 2016 re-election campaign to be aired beginning Wednesday.
- Independent candidate joins Ohio's US Senate race Updated: May-28-16 9:21 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - An independent candidate is challenging Republican incumbent Rob Portman and Democrat Ted Strickland in Ohio's U.S. Senate race.