- 5 things: House bill would prevent mandatory GMO labeling Updated: Jul-23-15 9:11 am
WASHINGTON - States could no longer require labels on genetically modified foods under legislation the House is considering.
- House approves bill to tweak coal ash standards Updated: Jul-22-15 7:00 pm
WASHINGTON - Defying a White House veto threat, the Republican-controlled House on Wednesday approved a bill granting states authority to regulate waste generated from coal burned for electricity.
- North Dakota GOP names Leighton as new executive director Updated: Jul-22-15 2:08 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - The North Dakota Republican party has named Roz Leighton as its new executive director.
- North Dakota native nominated to be second in command of HHS Updated: Jul-10-15 8:34 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - President Barack Obama has nominated Devils Lake native Mary Wakefield to be deputy secretary of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- Standing Rock among 7 tribes getting federal education grant Updated: Jul-10-15 8:11 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - The Standing Rock Sioux is one of seven tribes nationwide sharing a nearly $1.5 million federal grant to improve education and school governance.
- ND generals ask Congress to promote act that fights obesity Updated: Jul-09-15 6:31 pm
FARGO, North Dakota - Senior military leaders from North Dakota said Thursday that federal nutrition standards for schools should not be watered down or eliminated because they are helping to curb an obesity epidemic that is hurting the recruitment of new soldiers.
- General Atomics plans to set up drone academy in Grand Forks Updated: Jul-07-15 2:16 pm
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - North Dakota's unmanned aircraft business and technology park is about to land a second major defense contractor, according to two members of the state's congressional delegation.