- Jason Day takes the lead at Bridgestone Invitational Updated: Jul-01-16 8:05 pm
AKRON, Ohio - Jason Day's plan for the Bridgestone Invitational was to get in the lead as quickly as possible and expand it from there.
- McGirt looking for the rare Ohio sweep Updated: Jul-01-16 2:05 am
AKRON, Ohio - William McGirt won his first PGA Tour event at the Memorial. Two hours up the road in Ohio and one month later, he had a three-shot lead after one round of the Bridgestone Invitational. It's a familiar theme, just a different character.
- Johnson says Olympic meeting clears up some concerns on Rio Updated: Jun-29-16 7:12 pm
AKRON, Ohio - U.S. Open champion Dustin Johnson is planning to play in the Olympics, and he said a meeting with USA Golf helped clear up a few concerns.
- Lee-Anne Pace withdraws from Rio Games because of Zika Updated: Jun-29-16 4:04 pm
Lee-Anne Pace of South Africa has withdrawn her name from consideration for her nation's Olympic team out of concern about the Zika virus.
- McIlroy has no regrets about pulling out of Rio Games Updated: Jun-29-16 12:39 pm
SAINT-QUENTIN-EN-YVELINES, France - Rory McIlroy has no regrets about deciding not to go to the Rio de Janeiro Olympics because of concerns over the Zika virus, saying he and other golfers do not consider Olympic golf to be the "pinnacle" of their sport compared to playing in majors.
- Webb running out of time for Olympic dream Updated: Jun-28-16 8:17 pm
AKRON, Ohio - One of Karrie Webb's greatest thrills was carrying the Olympic torch on the eve of the Sydney Games in 2000. She had a cousin who played for the Australian women's basketball team in the 1984 Olympics, and she has been a huge fan since then.
- Golf back in the Olympics after 112 years, but for how long? Updated: Jun-28-16 4:37 pm
AKRON, Ohio - For the longest time, golf's biggest headache in preparing for a return to the Olympics was getting a new course built in Rio de Janeiro.
- Shane Lowry withdraws from Olympics over Zika concern Updated: Jun-28-16 12:48 pm
AKRON, Ohio - Shane Lowry of Ireland says if the Olympics were anywhere other than Rio de Janeiro, he would be the first to show up. Instead, he is the sixth golfer to withdraw because of the Zika virus.
- Top-ranked Jason Day skipping Rio Olympics because of Zika Updated: Jun-28-16 12:33 pm
AKRON, Ohio - Jason Day pulled out of the Olympics on Tuesday because of the Zika virus, costing golf its No. 1 player as it returns from a century-long absence at the games.
- Branden Grace cites Zika in pulling out of Olympics Updated: Jun-24-16 11:12 am
Branden Grace withdrew from the Olympics on Friday, becoming the fourth golfer to cite the Zika virus as a reason not to play in Rio de Janeiro this summer.
- McIlroy opts out of Rio Olympics over Zika concerns Updated: Jun-22-16 11:03 am
Golfer Rory McIlroy became one of the most high-profile sports stars to opt out of the Rio de Janeiro Olympics because of concerns about the Zika virus, saying Wednesday it is "a risk I am unwilling to take."
- Streaky Merritt hopes to get hot again at Quicken Loans Updated: Jun-22-16 2:24 am
BETHESDA, Maryland - Troy Merritt is the defending champion at the Quicken Loans National, but that doesn't mean he gets friendly vibes from the golf course.
- Dustin Johnson wins US Open at Oakmont for first major title Updated: Jun-19-16 10:40 pm
OAKMONT, Pennsylvania - Dustin Johnson had everything going his way Sunday in the U.S. Open.
- Pushing the 'Restart' Button for Round 1 of US Open Updated: Jun-17-16 3:27 am
OAKMONT, Pennsylvania - Might as well hit the "restart" button on this U.S. Open.
- Oakmont requires crash course ahead of toughest test in golf Updated: Jun-12-16 10:11 am
OAKMONT, Pennsylvania - Sam Parks Jr. rates among the most unlikely winners in U.S. Open history, especially compared with the Hall of Fame list of champions at Oakmont.
- From mini-tours to a Memorial title for William McGirt Updated: Jun-06-16 2:08 am
DUBLIN, Ohio - The putt measured just over 6 feet, a minuscule distance compared with how long William McGirt traveled to get to this point.
- William McGirt wins Memorial in a playoff Updated: Jun-05-16 8:11 pm
DUBLIN, Ohio - William McGirt thought he hit it big when he won the Cabarrus Classic and pocketed $16,000, the second-largest prize on the Tar Heel Tour.
- Schwartzel says Zika kept him out of Olympics; Day wary Updated: Jun-03-16 4:44 pm
DUBLIN, Ohio - The Zika virus is why Charl Schwartzel is skipping the Olympics, and world No. 1 Jason Day is starting to think twice about going to Rio.