- Lawmakers OK bill offering fines for posting 'no guns' signs Updated: May-23-15 3:04 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - The Texas Legislature has approved fines for governmental entities that post signs prohibiting the carrying of concealed handguns in areas where licensed Texans are allowed to carry them.
- Abbott says Texas will comply with federal prison rape act Updated: May-21-15 3:51 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Republican Gov. Greg Abbott has told federal officials that Texas will now comply with the Prison Rape Elimination Act after his predecessor spent years fighting the requirement.
- Cannabis therapy bill heading to Texas Gov. Abbott Updated: May-19-15 4:47 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - The Texas House gave final approval Tuesday to a limited medical marijuana bill that would give epilepsy patients access to trace amounts of cannabis oil. The next stop is Gov. Greg Abbott's desk, marking a milestone that marijuana-reform advocates say is nothing short of historic in Texas.
- Texas Senate OKs keeping execution drug suppliers secret Updated: May-11-15 8:43 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - The identity of Texas' lethal drug supplier would remain confidential under a measure the Republican-controlled state Senate gave initial approval to Monday - a move that rebuffs calls to lift the secrecy over execution drugs in the nation's busiest death chamber.
- Davis docked for not disclosing ties to law, lobbying firm Updated: May-08-15 7:32 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - The Texas Ethics Commission has assessed a $5,000 civil penalty to former Democratic gubernatorial nominee Wendy Davis for not disclosing her interest in a law firm and a lobbying firm from which she receives fees.