- State of the Race: The campaign for Pennsylvania's US seat Updated: Jul-26-15 10:49 am
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Democrats can expect to decide a primary contest in nine months to see who will challenge U.S. Sen. Pat Toomey, a Republican who is seeking his second six-year term in the 2016 election. The seat is expected to be crucial to determining control of the U.S. Senate, and Democrats hope their four-to-three registration advantage in Pennsylvania and heightened voter interest in the presidential election will deliver a victory to their eventual nominee. Here is a look at the race and the candidates:
- Gov. Wolf names Isenhour to succeed chief of staff McGinty Updated: Jul-23-15 1:10 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Gov. Tom Wolf tapped to his top liaison to state lawmakers to become his next chief of staff on Thursday as her predecessor prepares to run for U.S. Senate.
- Official: Pennsylvania governor's aide preparing Senate bid Updated: Jul-22-15 6:42 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - The top aide to Pennsylvania's governor resigned Wednesday in preparation to run for U.S. Senate in 2016 in a state seen by Democrats as key to helping them regain the chamber's majority.
- GOP 'majority of majority' rule could test any budget deal Updated: Jul-18-15 10:41 am
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - In one of Pennsylvania's defining legislative battles this century, then-Gov. Ed Rendell won passage of a $1 billion tax package, and it still nags some Republicans that their leaders worked with Democrats to make it law, despite opposition from most members of the GOP's legislative majority.
- If Pennsylvania budget stalls, a rundown of what to expect Updated: Jun-30-15 1:38 pm
If Pennsylvania begins its new fiscal year Wednesday without a budget in place, here's a rundown of what to expect: