- Ex-FIFA vice president Warner leaves jail in ambulance Updated: May-29-15 12:42 am
PORT-OF-SPAIN, Trinidad - Former FIFA vice president Jack Warner left a Trinidad jail by ambulance Thursday, a day after he was charged in a U.S. corruption case that has led to the arrests of more than a dozen international soccer officials and businessmen.
- A look at the voting blocs in the FIFA president balloting Updated: May-29-15 12:26 am
FIFA's 209 members are expected to elect President Sepp Blatter to a fifth term Friday, based on statements in recent months issued by continental confederations, despite a string of scandals including the indictment of nine soccer officials this week by the U.S. government.
- Former FIFA member Blazer's plea seems key to investigation Updated: May-28-15 11:27 am
NEW YORK - Former FIFA executive committee member Chuck Blazer appears to have provided key information that has been central to the Justice Department's soccer corruption investigation, linking other officials in the Americas to a series of schemes.
- South Africa's 2010 WCup bid implicated in corruption probe Updated: May-28-15 11:05 am
STELLENBOSCH, South Africa - When South Africa won the right to host Africa's first World Cup, it was seen as a heartwarming reward for Nelson Mandela and a country that had shaken off decades of apartheid.
- US, Swiss target top soccer officials in corruption probe Updated: May-27-15 7:38 pm
ZURICH - The U.S. government launched an attack on what it called deep-seated and brazen corruption in soccer's global governing body Wednesday, pulling FIFA executives out of a luxury Swiss hotel to face racketeering charges and raiding regional offices in Miami.
- Blatter set to polarize opinion for 4 more years at FIFA Updated: May-23-15 10:39 am
GENEVA - Sepp Blatter divides opinion so much even his opponents are charmed by him.
- FIFA scandals while Sepp Blatter has been president Updated: May-22-15 5:48 am
GENEVA - FIFA has been routinely called "scandal-plagued" for much of Sepp Blatter's 17-year presidential reign.
- BB King to get Fremont Street video-screen tribute in Vegas Updated: May-15-15 6:26 pm
LAS VEGAS - Blues legend B.B. King is getting a 1,500-foot-long video tribute in downtown Las Vegas.
- Residents, workers protest in South African cities Updated: May-06-15 11:22 am
JOHANNESBURG - Protesters in South Africa burned tires and piled rocks across the road leading to the Soweto home of the late Nelson Mandela on Wednesday, in a demonstration against electricity bills.