- Senators try to revive criminal justice overhaul Updated: Apr-28-16 3:48 pm
WASHINGTON - A bipartisan group of senators unveiled legislation on Thursday to give judges more discretion in sentencing offenders, a renewed push to overhaul the nation's criminal justice system after objections from some conservatives and Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz.
- Dems block spending bill in dispute over Iran nuclear deal Updated: Apr-27-16 3:50 pm
WASHINGTON - Democrats on Wednesday blocked the Senate's first spending bill of the year in a last-minute fight over a Republican effort to undercut the Iran nuclear deal and scuttle U.S. plans to buy Iranian "heavy water."
- GOP senator blocks nominee responsible for terrorism fight Updated: Apr-20-16 3:26 pm
WASHINGTON - A Republican senator on Wednesday blocked an effort to confirm President Barack Obama's nominee for a key Treasury post responsible for leading the battle against terrorism and financial crimes.
- Thornton, who helped draft Nixon impeachment articles, dies Updated: Apr-13-16 4:23 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Ray Thornton, a former Arkansas congressman who helped draft articles of impeachment against then-President Richard Nixon, led two state universities and served on the Arkansas Supreme Court, has died. He was 87.
- Boozman: $800,000 raised during quarter for re-election bid Updated: Apr-12-16 7:06 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Republican Sen. John Boozman raised more than $800,000 in the first three months of the year, more than double the amount brought in by Democratic challenger Conner Eldridge, numbers released by the campaigns Tuesday showed.