- Editorial Roundup: Recent editorials in Arkansas newspapers Updated: Jun-28-16 9:05 am
Here are excerpts from recent editorials in Arkansas newspapers:
- Analysis: Eldridge tests state's gun stance in Senate bid Updated: Jun-25-16 10:44 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - During his re-election bid two years ago, Democratic Sen. Mark Pryor touted his opposition to legislation expanding background checks for firearms sales and wore the criticism he faced from gun control advocates as a badge of honor. His reward was being defeated by a Republican challenger who enjoyed an advertising blitz on his behalf by the National Rifle Association.
- High-level meeting urges nuke test ban treaty ratification Updated: Jun-13-16 10:47 am
VIENNA - A senior American official on Monday reaffirmed White House support for a treaty banning nuclear testing worldwide and urged other countries to move it toward its long-delayed enactment despite the "domestic political obstacles" keeping her country from ratifying it.
- 20 years on, UN waits for working nuclear-test-ban treaty Updated: Jun-12-16 10:32 am
VIENNA - The world was a more peaceful place when a newly sworn-in President Barack Obama pledged to "aggressively pursue" a global ban on nuclear arms tests. But as his term winds down, a working test-ban treaty remains a dream and some of the loudest voices out of Washington are hostile.
- Adviser's serial firings show 'big problem' at brokerages Updated: Jun-07-16 4:23 pm
SCOTRUN, Pennsylvania - He was fired from one company, then another, then another. And still Anthony Diaz continued handling other people's money.