- Ryan calls for unity, less anger from his fractious GOP Updated: Feb-03-16 3:07 pm
WASHINGTON - House Speaker Paul Ryan called on Republicans Wednesday to unify and stop fighting each other as he tried steering his fractious party into an election year devoid of the collisions between conservatives and pragmatists that transformed parts of 2015 into a GOP nightmare.
- Tennessee GOP Rep. Fincher to retire Updated: Feb-01-16 4:29 pm
WASHINGTON - Tennessee GOP Rep. Stephen Fincher announced Monday that he will retire from Congress at the end of his term.
- House Dems, who delivered for Obama, now diminished minority Updated: Jan-27-16 3:17 pm
BALTIMORE - House Democrats clawed their way into power and delivered a burst of historic legislation for President Barack Obama after he took office seven years ago. Now, in his final year, Obama is leaving them greatly diminished and confronting questions about whether their next generation of leaders can lead them back into the majority.
- Exhibit of Bill Cosby's art led to ethical questions Updated: Jan-23-16 12:37 pm
WASHINGTON - Bill Cosby was well on his way to becoming a national pariah for his alleged sexual misconduct when the Smithsonian launched an exhibit funded by Cosby and his wife that showcases art from their private collection.
- Congressman endorses businessman for Boehner's US House seat Updated: Jan-22-16 4:17 pm
WEST CHESTER, Ohio - A businessman has won a Republican congressman's endorsement in the crowded race for former House Speaker John Boehner's (BAY'-nurz) western Ohio seat.
- GOP Va. Rep. Rigell retiring, giving Dems chance at seat Updated: Jan-14-16 4:37 pm
WASHINGTON - A three-term Republican congressman from Virginia who was part of the 2010 wave that gave the GOP control of Congress said Thursday that he will retire, relinquishing a seat that Democrats could win in this November's elections.
- Watching Obama speech? Check out political dynamics Updated: Jan-12-16 7:07 pm
WASHINGTON - The White House is promising a nontraditional address for President Barack Obama's final State of the Union. But, no, don't look for him to slow-jam Tuesday's speech or rap it.
- Obama's State of Union proposals often hit wall in Congress Updated: Jan-11-16 1:52 pm
WASHINGTON - "Dead. Real Dead." That was the verdict by then-House Speaker John Boehner on President Barack Obama's proposal to impose higher dividend and capital gains taxes on the wealthy.