- Internet sales tax proposal opposed by GOP Senate candidates Updated: Jun-29-16 6:52 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Three of the main Republican contenders for Louisiana's U.S. Senate seat said Wednesday they oppose proposed federal legislation to require companies to collect sales taxes on Internet purchases.
- Huelskamp, Marshall debate Agriculture Committee Updated: Jun-28-16 1:48 pm
HUTCHINSON, Kansas - Republican U.S. Rep. Tim Huelskamp and primary challenger Roger Marshall are sparring over who is most likely to win a spot on a House committee that helps shape federal farm policy.
- The Latest: Elder Bush mourns Voinovich as political ally Updated: Jun-12-16 5:43 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Latest on the death of former U.S. senator and Ohio Gov. George Voinovich (all times local):
- Conservative takes former Speaker Boehner's House seat Updated: Jun-09-16 8:02 pm
WASHINGTON - Republican Warren Davidson was sworn into the House on Thursday to take former House Speaker John Boehner's long-held seat, elected with the backing of the same conservatives who helped drive Boehner from Congress.
- GOP's Davidson wins Ohio race to succeed Boehner Updated: Jun-08-16 4:38 pm
WEST CHESTER, Ohio - Republican Warren Davidson is assured of being western Ohio's congressman for the next seven months, and is likely to be serving for years afterward.
- The Latest: Boehner fill-in Davidson to take office Thursday Updated: Jun-08-16 4:27 pm
WEST CHESTER, Ohio - The Latest on the special election in Ohio's U.S. 8th House District (all times local):
- The Latest: Sanders wins Democratic primary in Montana Updated: Jun-08-16 2:14 am
WASHINGTON - The Latest on campaign 2016 as California, Montana, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Dakota and South Dakota vote. (all times Eastern):
- Tempers likely to soar in summer congressional session Updated: Jun-06-16 4:27 am
WASHINGTON - Both temperatures and tempers are likely to run hot as lawmakers return to Washington for an abbreviated 6-week summertime session featuring a handful of must-do legislation and the roll-out of a House GOP campaign agenda that's a pet priority for House Speaker Paul Ryan.
- House primaries in Ga., Calif., show pressures buffeting GOP Updated: Jun-04-16 12:24 pm
WASHINGTON - In two House Republican strongholds - a Georgia district sprawling from Atlanta's exurbs to the Alabama line and another in California's Central Valley - upcoming elections illustrate the sharp elbows and vigilance that this anti-establishment moment demands of GOP candidates.
- Low interest, high stakes in House race to replace Boehner Updated: Jun-04-16 8:49 am
WEST CHESTER, Ohio - The stakes are high, even if attention and interest are low.
- About 2,000 votes cast in special election for Boehner seat Updated: Jun-01-16 12:36 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Nearly 2,000 votes have been cast a week ahead of Ohio's special election to fill the vacancy left by ex-House Speaker John Boehner (BAY'-nur).
- Audit: Portland should bill for services to campaign visits Updated: May-31-16 4:04 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Portland should follow its current policy and charge for police and other services provided when presidential campaigns visit the city, according to a report released Tuesday by the city's auditor.