- Prince's death: The view from front lines of drug epidemic Updated: May-04-16 9:56 am
NEW YORK - On the front lines of America's fight against a drug-abuse epidemic, there have been emotional, sometimes contradictory reactions to news that investigators are looking into whether Prince died of an overdose.
- Prince siblings in probate court in 1st hearing on estate Updated: May-02-16 1:11 pm
CHASKA, Minnesota - Five of Prince's six surviving siblings appeared in court Monday for the first hearing to start sorting out an estate certain to be worth millions, a task complicated because the star musician isn't known to have left a will.
- Do you finish ahead of the field in Kentucky Derby trivia? Updated: May-02-16 12:08 pm
How well do you know the history of the Kentucky Derby? Try this quiz:
- Big Freedia twerking her way to stardom Updated: Apr-30-16 7:40 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Talk about your ups and downs.
- Paul Simon, My Morning Jacket close out Friday's Jazz Fest Updated: Apr-29-16 11:37 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival is entering its second weekend. The seven-day festival, taking place over two weekends, draws thousands of people to the city in a celebration of Louisiana music, food and culture. A look at the festival's fifth day:
- Beyonce slays at tour opening, offers no insight into album Updated: Apr-28-16 1:59 am
MIAMI - Whether scorned woman or confident seductress, Beyonce moved seamlessly between the two on the opening night of her Formation World Tour in Miami, offering no insight into the rumors of marital infidelity fueled by her latest album.
- Melissa Etheridge, Priscilla Renea share songwriting secrets Updated: Apr-27-16 9:24 am
HIDDEN HILLS, California - Melissa Etheridge and songwriter Priscilla Renea had never met before sitting down to discuss their craft, and within an hour, they were spontaneously harmonizing together.
- Stevie Nicks surprises 'School of Rock' crowd, talks Prince Updated: Apr-27-16 8:17 am
NEW YORK - Stevie Nicks surprised the audience at Broadway's "School of Rock" with a riveting performance of "Rhiannon" after the cast took its curtain call.
- Prince was a one-man band and a friend to many others Updated: Apr-25-16 3:32 am
NEW YORK - On his own, Prince was a revolutionary recording artist and one-man band.
- 'Me and Mrs. Jones' singer Billy Paul dead at age 80 Updated: Apr-24-16 11:36 pm
NEW YORK - Billy Paul, a jazz and soul singer best known for the No. 1 hit ballad and "Philadelphia Soul" classic "Me and Mrs. Jones," died Sunday.
- Stars escape with 5-4 win, eliminate Wild after big rally Updated: Apr-24-16 7:59 pm
- Prince's final shows: intimate, playful with a Bowie tribute Updated: Apr-24-16 5:37 pm
ATLANTA - The crowd at Atlanta's Fox Theater was on its feet screaming. Prince had already taken an encore, but he'd only played for just over an hour and he hadn't even played "Purple Rain."
- Douglas dons purple in honor of Prince at Tribeca Film Fest Updated: Apr-24-16 3:59 pm
NEW YORK - Michael Douglas paid simple homage to Prince at the Tribeca Film Festival with his attire: a matching purple shirt and pullover V-neck sweater.
- Beyond music, Prince's legacy includes black activism Updated: Apr-24-16 1:36 pm
Prince accepted a standing ovation as he strolled out carrying a cane and rocking an Afro to present the 2015 Grammy for album of the year. Then he stole the show with a line that reminded everyone he was more than just a pop superstar; he was a black activist.
- 'Saturday Night Live' airs Prince tribute show Updated: Apr-24-16 5:58 am
NEW YORK - NBC's "Saturday Night Live" has aired a special tribute show titled "Goodnight Sweet Prince."
- 'He was family': Music star Prince stayed home in Minnesota Updated: Apr-23-16 8:52 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Bob Dylan left Minnesota, but Prince never did.
- Eric Clapton recalls how Prince inspired 'Holy Mother' Updated: Apr-23-16 4:30 pm
LOS ANGELES - Eric Clapton is sharing his grief over Prince's death, calling him "a true genius."
- The Latest: Prince to be honored in New Orleans jazz funeral Updated: Apr-23-16 5:43 am
MINNEAPOLIS - The Latest on the death of superstar musician Prince (all times local):
- Magic memories: Prince's warmth and wit shone in private Updated: Apr-22-16 8:11 pm
NEW YORK - Slight, soft-spoken and just 5-foot-2, Prince improbably cut an imposing figure.
- Prince's death raises numerous questions about prior health Updated: Apr-22-16 6:22 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Prince talked dirty in song but had a reputation for clean living. He also had an ability to put on shows that were electrifying in their athleticism.
- Prince offered a ticket to a forbidden world in his music Updated: Apr-22-16 4:27 pm
NEW YORK - Prince didn't introduce sexuality to music - unless you think the term rock 'n' roll is about a quarry - but his explicit playfulness and gender-bending winks took the intersection to a new level.
- Prince and sports: Music in blood, basketball in his heart Updated: Apr-22-16 2:04 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Prince had music in his blood. Basketball was in his heart.
- Donatella Versace reacts to death of friend, Prince Updated: Apr-22-16 8:09 am
MILAN - Italian fashion designer Donatella Versace says she's mourning the death of Prince, one of her closest friends, who has died after collapsing in an elevator at his recording studio complex in suburban Minneapolis.
- A synthesizer of sounds, Prince 'rewrote the rulebook' Updated: Apr-22-16 8:04 am
CHANHASSEN, Minnesota - Prince could play guitar like Carlos Santana or Jimi Hendrix, sing like James Brown, turn out pop melodies worthy of Motown or lay down the deepest grooves this side of Sly and the Family Stone. But no one could mistake his sound for anyone but Prince.
- The Latest: Tributes to Prince spring up across the US Updated: Apr-22-16 2:22 am
CHANHASSEN, Minnesota - The Latest on the death of pop superstar Prince (all times local):