- Madonna responds to critics of her Prince tribute Updated: May-23-16 5:05 pm
Madonna is dismissing critics of her tribute to Prince at the Billboard Music Awards with style.
- Kinston sax great Parker honored with North Carolina award Updated: May-23-16 3:19 pm
KINSTON, North Carolina - Gold records line the walls in the office of Maceo Parker's Kinston homestead, commemorating some of the hits the iconic saxophonist has played on over the past half-century. But Parker's most eye-catching artifacts are the pictures of him with various members of the celebrity jet stream.
- Dan Rather to host program on fallen musicians Updated: May-23-16 11:19 am
NEW YORK - Dan Rather will host an hour-long television special in two weeks on five musicians who have died within the past 13 months, featuring his own interview with the late Merle Haggard.
- Madonna honors Prince, Dion inspires at Billboard Awards Updated: May-23-16 9:57 am
This year's Billboard Music Awards promised to be heavy on emotion during its biggest performances by iconic artists such as Celine Dion and Madonna. And they certainly delivered on Sunday night at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas with a political statement about transgender rights, a tender Prince tribute and Dion's return after personal losses. These are the most memorable moments of the night.
- Madonna, Stevie Wonder pay homage to Prince at Billboard Updated: May-22-16 11:40 pm
Madonna paid homage to Prince by wearing his signature color and bringing another icon - Stevie Wonder - onstage to sing the classic "Purple Rain" at Sunday's Billboard Music Awards.
- Billboard producer defends choosing Madonna to honor Prince Updated: May-18-16 2:09 pm
NEW YORK - The executive producer of Sunday's Billboard Music Awards is defending the decision to have Madonna pay homage to Prince, which has been met with some criticism online and sparked a Change.org petition.
- Police say Sinead O'Connor found safe, no details released Updated: May-16-16 10:50 pm
CHICAGO - Police in suburban Chicago said Irish singer-songwriter Sinead O'Connor was found safe Monday after officers received a report that she never returned from a Sunday bike ride in the area.
- Madonna to honor Prince at Billboard Awards Updated: May-11-16 1:34 pm
NEW YORK - The Material Girl will pay tribute to The Purple One with a live performance at the Billboard Music Awards this month.
- Once unthinkable in US, drug shoot-up rooms get serious look Updated: May-08-16 9:46 pm
Across the United States, heroin users have died in alleys behind convenience stores, on city sidewalks and in the bathrooms of fast-food joints - because no one was around to save them when they overdosed.
- Stevie Wonder, Eric Benet, more honor Prince in Los Angeles Updated: May-07-16 3:42 pm
LOS ANGELES - Stevie Wonder, Faith Evans, Aloe Blacc and Eric Benet paid tribute to Prince with words and music at a public memorial Friday in Los Angeles.
- Arsenio Hall sues Sinead O'Connor for libel over Prince post Updated: May-05-16 7:11 pm
LOS ANGELES - Arsenio Hall is suing Sinead O'Connor over a Facebook post in which the singer accused him of furnishing Prince with drugs.
- Prince's death: The view from front lines of drug epidemic Updated: May-04-16 9:56 am
NEW YORK - On the front lines of America's fight against a drug-abuse epidemic, there have been emotional, sometimes contradictory reactions to news that investigators are looking into whether Prince died of an overdose.
- Do you finish ahead of the field in Kentucky Derby trivia? Updated: May-02-16 12:08 pm
How well do you know the history of the Kentucky Derby? Try this quiz:
- Big Freedia twerking her way to stardom Updated: Apr-30-16 7:40 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Talk about your ups and downs.
- Paul Simon, My Morning Jacket close out Friday's Jazz Fest Updated: Apr-29-16 11:37 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival is entering its second weekend. The seven-day festival, taking place over two weekends, draws thousands of people to the city in a celebration of Louisiana music, food and culture. A look at the festival's fifth day:
- Beyonce slays at tour opening, offers no insight into album Updated: Apr-28-16 1:59 am
MIAMI - Whether scorned woman or confident seductress, Beyonce moved seamlessly between the two on the opening night of her Formation World Tour in Miami, offering no insight into the rumors of marital infidelity fueled by her latest album.
- Melissa Etheridge, Priscilla Renea share songwriting secrets Updated: Apr-27-16 9:24 am
HIDDEN HILLS, California - Melissa Etheridge and songwriter Priscilla Renea had never met before sitting down to discuss their craft, and within an hour, they were spontaneously harmonizing together.
- Stevie Nicks surprises 'School of Rock' crowd, talks Prince Updated: Apr-27-16 8:17 am
NEW YORK - Stevie Nicks surprised the audience at Broadway's "School of Rock" with a riveting performance of "Rhiannon" after the cast took its curtain call.
- Prince was a one-man band and a friend to many others Updated: Apr-25-16 3:32 am
NEW YORK - On his own, Prince was a revolutionary recording artist and one-man band.
- 'Me and Mrs. Jones' singer Billy Paul dead at age 80 Updated: Apr-24-16 11:36 pm
NEW YORK - Billy Paul, a jazz and soul singer best known for the No. 1 hit ballad and "Philadelphia Soul" classic "Me and Mrs. Jones," died Sunday.
- Stars escape with 5-4 win, eliminate Wild after big rally Updated: Apr-24-16 7:59 pm
- Prince's final shows: intimate, playful with a Bowie tribute Updated: Apr-24-16 5:37 pm
ATLANTA - The crowd at Atlanta's Fox Theater was on its feet screaming. Prince had already taken an encore, but he'd only played for just over an hour and he hadn't even played "Purple Rain."
- Douglas dons purple in honor of Prince at Tribeca Film Fest Updated: Apr-24-16 3:59 pm
NEW YORK - Michael Douglas paid simple homage to Prince at the Tribeca Film Festival with his attire: a matching purple shirt and pullover V-neck sweater.
- Beyond music, Prince's legacy includes black activism Updated: Apr-24-16 1:36 pm
Prince accepted a standing ovation as he strolled out carrying a cane and rocking an Afro to present the 2015 Grammy for album of the year. Then he stole the show with a line that reminded everyone he was more than just a pop superstar; he was a black activist.