- Automatic voter registration becomes law in Vermont Updated: Apr-28-16 3:58 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - While voting rights advocates lament new ballot access restrictions in several states, Vermont on Thursday became the fourth state to expand access when Gov. Peter Shumlin signed into law a bill that automatically registers eligible residents to vote when they apply for a driver's license.
- Vermont ski resort to stay open amid federal fraud probe Updated: Apr-27-16 5:40 pm
JAY, Vermont - The federal receiver appointed to oversee two Vermont ski resorts amid fraud allegations said Wednesday he's secured enough money to keep Jay Peak Resort open.
- New Hampshire suspects chemical emissions tainted wells Updated: Apr-13-16 6:47 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire says emissions of a chemical used to make Teflon coatings may be the source behind the contamination of more than 40 wells in several towns.
- FACT CHECK: Clinton's latest gun-law broadside on Sanders Updated: Apr-13-16 3:19 am
WASHINGTON - With New York's crucial presidential nominating contest looming, Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton is framing gun laws in Bernie Sanders' home state of Vermont as a primary culprit of violent crime in the Empire State.
- Security flaws found in 3 state health insurance websites Updated: Apr-07-16 8:58 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Federal investigators found significant cybersecurity weaknesses in the health insurance websites of California, Kentucky and Vermont that could enable hackers to get their hands on sensitive personal information about hundreds of thousands of people, The Associated Press has learned. And some of those flaws have yet to be fixed.
- The Latest: Legal experts say new law violates 1st Amendment Updated: Apr-05-16 8:06 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Latest on Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant signing a bill law that allows religious groups and some private employers to refuse service to gay couples based on religious beliefs (all times local):