- Ex-transportation secretary enters race for Vermont governor Updated: Oct-06-15 7:16 pm
WATERBURY, Vermont - Former Transportation Secretary Sue Minter on Tuesday launched her bid for the 2016 Democratic gubernatorial nomination, saying she believes Vermont's greatest challenges are also its greatest opportunities.
- The Latest: Diesel fuel disappeared after Vermont derailment Updated: Oct-06-15 4:36 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - The latest on the derailment of an Amtrak train in Vermont (all times local):
- Rock fences that may prevent derailment not used in Vermont Updated: Oct-06-15 4:03 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Special fences protect railroad tracks from rock slides in some parts of the country, but the head of Amtrak said Tuesday it's unclear if the mechanisms could have prevented a derailment that injured seven people in Vermont.
- FEMA rejects Vermont town's request for storm compensation Updated: Sep-18-15 1:36 pm
BENNINGTON, Vermont - Federal officials have rejected a Vermont town's request for a reimbursement of millions of dollars spent repairing damage caused by the remnants of Hurricane Irene four years ago.
- Businesses, organizations committing to electric vehicles Updated: Sep-16-15 12:05 pm
SHELBURNE, Vermont - A group of Vermont businesses, hospitals and schools are committing to advance their efforts to use electric vehicles in the state.
- Vermont governor to campaign with Clinton Updated: Sep-16-15 5:01 am
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Vermont Gov. Peter Shumlin will be campaigning with presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton in New Hampshire on Thursday at an event to talk about opiate addiction.
- Finance commissioner retiring, setting off staff changes Updated: Sep-15-15 3:38 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - The commissioner of the Vermont Department of Finance and Management is retiring, setting off a string of staff changes in the governor's administration.
- Views mixed as end of Vermont Interactive Technologies nears Updated: Sep-14-15 7:21 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Vermont Interactive Technologies, the backbone of the state's distance-learning efforts, is set to close in December in a budget-cutting move, but the head of its largest user said Monday he's confident new technology will fill the void. Others remain doubtful.
- Transportation Secretary Sue Minter to run for governor Updated: Sep-10-15 2:41 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Vermont Transportation Secretary Sue Minter announced Thursday that she's resigning and running for governor, the third Democrat to enter the race.
- Republican Lt. Gov. Phil Scott seeks Vermont governorship Updated: Sep-08-15 3:48 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Vermont Lt. Gov. Phil Scott announced his intention Tuesday to seek the Republican nomination for governor, joining the two Democrats and one Republican already in the race.