- Mets' bats quiet as Murphy and Nationals complete sweep, 4-2 Updated: Jun-30-16 12:06 am
WASHINGTON - With a lineup that was already sputtering, it was no surprise the New York Mets failed to bust out against Nationals ace Max Scherzer.
- Murphy, Scherzer help Nationals sweep Mets with 4-2 win Updated: Jun-29-16 10:48 pm
- Reds swept by Cubs 9-2 after Rizzo hits inside-the-park HR Updated: Jun-29-16 5:38 pm
CINCINNATI - Left fielder Adam Duvall and center fielder Billy Hamilton called for the ball at the same time. Neither one got it, setting up another bad moment for a Reds team that can't seem to do anything right lately.
- Rizzo legs out inside-the-park HR, Cubs sweep Reds 9-2 Updated: Jun-29-16 5:05 pm
CINCINNATI - Anthony Rizzo saw the ball ricochet across the outfield and kicked his legs into high gear, deciding he was going to try to touch 'em all. His sides were aching by the time he slid safely into home plate.
- Bour's early slam not enough as Marlins lose to Cubs 5-4 Updated: Jun-24-16 11:59 pm
MIAMI - The Miami Marlins erased an early four-run deficit with Justin Bour's first-inning grand slam, and then managed only one hit the rest of the night.
- Prospect Contreras homers in 1st at-bat, Cubs sweep Pirates Updated: Jun-20-16 12:36 am
CHICAGO - Prized prospect Willson Contreras received a standing ovation as he made his way to the plate in the sixth inning for his first major league at-bat.
- Rangers rally to beat Cardinals 5-4 Updated: Jun-19-16 6:48 pm
ST. LOUIS - Sitting on the bench, Jurickson Profar knew he might be called on to hit for the Texas Rangers.
- Lackey goes 7 strong, Cubs beat Phillies 8-1 Updated: Jun-08-16 5:23 pm
PHILADELPHIA - John Lackey gave the Chicago Cubs another excellent start, a common theme for baseball's best team.
- Hendricks sharp, Cubs break loose with 4 HRs, beat Dodgers Updated: Jun-02-16 6:41 pm
CHICAGO - Kyle Hendricks is suddenly pitching deep into games and dominating while he's doing it. His latest outing was about as impressive as the complete game he threw in his previous start.