- Top Kansas lawmaker leads protest on federal LGBT directive Updated: May-25-16 7:31 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - A top Kansas legislator circulated a letter Wednesday protesting the federal government's recent directive on accommodating transgender students in public schools and promising that lawmakers will "use every possible avenue" to resist it.
- Kansas officials' private emails to be subject to disclosure Updated: May-11-16 7:31 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas officials' emails about public business on private accounts or devices will be subject to public disclosure starting in July under a bill Gov. Sam Brownback signed into law Wednesday.
- The Latest: Public funeral set for slain Kansas detective Updated: May-10-16 7:39 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Latest on the fatal shooting of a police detective in Kansas City, Kansas (all times local):
- Kansas court questions lawmakers' latest school aid changes Updated: May-10-16 4:21 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - With Kansas enmeshed in education funding lawsuits for nearly two decades, a skeptical state Supreme Court on Tuesday questioned whether recent changes make the distribution of dollars fairer to poor public schools.
- Kansas prosecutor looking into election official's conduct Updated: May-09-16 8:54 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - A Kansas prosecutor is looking into allegations of misuse of public funds against a top U.S. election executive when he was a county election commissioner in the state, two county officials confirmed Monday.