- Tampa Bay loses to Royals 9-5 on game-ending grand slam Updated: Jul-07-15 6:30 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Good thing Brad Boxberger had already gotten his All-Star nod from Royals manager Ned Yost.
- Orlando's grand slam in 9th gives Royals 9-5 win over Rays Updated: Jul-07-15 6:18 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Paulo Orlando was biding his time in Triple-A, hoping to be recalled by the Royals when the rosters expand in September, when he got a call from them over the weekend.
- Dozier's two-run homer in 10th lifts Twins over Orioles 4-2 Updated: Jul-07-15 12:36 am
MINNEAPOLIS - The Orioles' pitching staff had kept the Twins hitless for 21 consecutive batters with one out in the 10th. That streak ended decisively.
- Dozier's two-run homer in 10th lifts Twins over Orioles 4-2 Updated: Jul-07-15 12:27 am
MINNEAPOLIS - Brian Dozier's All-Star campaign started out with a bang Monday night.
- 4 Royals elected to start All-Star Game; Reds' Frazier, too Updated: Jul-05-15 10:51 pm
NEW YORK - The All-Star Game will have a Kansas City flavor, just not as much as it appeared last month.
- Royals land 4 starters in All-Star Game in Cincinnati Updated: Jul-05-15 8:07 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The AL champion Kansas City Royals had so many starters voted into the All-Star Game on Sunday that they ran out of seats for all of them.
- Santana returns from suspension as Twins fall to Royals 3-2 Updated: Jul-05-15 5:53 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Maybe it was the joy in being back on the mound after serving an 80-game suspension. Maybe it was the fact that Ervin Santana was facing his former team. Maybe it was simply that he was making them foolish.
- Royals salvage split with Twins with 3-2 victory Updated: Jul-05-15 5:41 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Royals manager Ned Yost treats just about every game the same, especially in July, because the reality is that they all count the same at the end of the season.
- Tigers' Cabrera on DL for 1st time, out 6 weeks Updated: Jul-04-15 6:26 pm
DETROIT - Detroit slugger Miguel Cabrera will be sidelined with a left calf injury for at least six weeks after the Tigers placed the AL batting leader on the disabled list for the first time in his career.
- Royals' Hosmer back in lineup after ring finger sprain Updated: Jul-02-15 7:23 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Royals first baseman Eric Hosmer was back in the starting lineup Thursday night after missing a three-game sweep at the hands of Houston with a sprained right ring finger.
- Altuve helps Astros sweep Royals with 6-5 win Updated: Jul-02-15 12:48 am
- Young Royals fan whose cancer fight gained attention dies Updated: Jul-01-15 11:21 am
OLATHE, Kansas - A Kansas boy whose fight against cancer and love of the Kansas City Royals received national attention during last year's World Series has died. He was 7.
- Kansas City's Escobar scratched against Astros Updated: Jun-29-15 8:21 pm
HOUSTON - Kansas City shortstop Alcides Escobar has been scratched from the Royals game against the Houston Astros with a finger injury.
- Guthrie gets 1,000th strikeout in Royals' 5-3 win over A's Updated: Jun-28-15 8:18 pm
OAKLAND, California - Jeremy Guthrie and Salvador Perez delivered a milestone win for the Kansas City Royals.
- Moustakas, Infante lead Royals past Mariners 8-2 Updated: Jun-25-15 2:24 am
SEATTLE - Kansas City is getting used to this. Big hits, big innings and yet another victory, this time 8-2 over the Seattle Mariners on Wednesday night.
- Tigers' Cabrera overtakes Royals' Hosmer in All-Star vote Updated: Jun-22-15 8:56 pm
NEW YORK - Some later-voting fans aren't on the Kansas City Royals' All-Star bandwagon.
- Big Papi hits 476th homer, Red Sox rout Royals 13-2 Updated: Jun-21-15 6:40 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - David Ortiz passed two Hall of Famers on the career home run chart. He was hardly the only Boston hitter who had a big day.
- Escobar has 3 hits in Royals' 3-2 win over Brewers Updated: Jun-19-15 12:20 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - No manager in Kansas City Royals' history has won as many games as Ned Yost.
- Sweep, it is: Gordon, Volquez guide Royals past Twins 7-2 Updated: Jun-11-15 12:26 am
MINNEAPOLIS - The Kansas City Royals reclaimed first place with a resounding three-game sweep on the road of division rival Minnesota.