- Royals hit disputed double play in 3-2 loss to Rays Updated: Aug-30-15 6:04 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - A late comeback bid by the Kansas City Royals was stymied by a strange and disputed double play.
- Yordano Ventura overpowering as Royals beat Orioles 5-3 Updated: Aug-27-15 7:23 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Yordano Ventura's locker sits next to that of Edinson Volquez in the Kansas City clubhouse, and two down from Johnny Cueto, who arrived last month in a trade from Cincinnati.
- Royals rally with 4 in 9th; beat Red Sox 8-6 Updated: Aug-23-15 5:25 pm
BOSTON - Mike Moustakas' two-run double capped a four-run ninth inning that carried the AL Central-leading Kansas City Royals to an 8-6 comeback victory over the Boston Red Sox on Sunday.
- Baserunning costs Reds in 4-3 loss to Royals Updated: Aug-20-15 1:48 am
CINCINNATI - A weird double play stalled the Cincinnati Reds' offense one run short of the Kansas City Royals.
- Royals complete sweep of Reds with 4-3 win Updated: Aug-20-15 12:47 am
CINCINNATI - Lorenzo Cain had a tiebreaking RBI single in the second inning, Ben Zobrist had four hits, and Kansas City benefited from a Cincinnati baserunning gaffe as the Royals beat the Reds 4-3 Wednesday night to complete a two-game sweep.
- Morales' RBI single in 10th lifts Royals past Angels Updated: Aug-17-15 12:38 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Hitting with two outs with runners on base in a key situation doesn't bother Kendrys Morales. He just focuses on getting a good swing.
- Kinsler's double keys Tigers' rally in 7-4 win over Royals Updated: Aug-13-15 12:47 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - After scoring two runs early, the Detroit Tigers appeared to hit the snooze button before reawakening late in the game.
- Royals refuse to coast with comfy cushion in AL Central Updated: Aug-11-15 3:54 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - When Ned Yost was the bench coach in Atlanta, he watched the Braves cruise to a few division titles with big leads by the time August rolled around.
- Madson earns save as Royals beat White Sox for 3-game sweep Updated: Aug-09-15 8:17 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - With All-Star reliever Wade Davis nursing a bad back and closer Greg Holland earning saves the past two days and unavailable, Kansas City Royals manager Ned Yost turned to Ryan Madson to protect a one-run lead in the ninth.