- IMF's Lagarde: World economy fragile, faces downside risks Updated: Jul-29-15 11:13 am
WASHINGTON - International Monetary Fund chief Christine Lagarde says the world economy is recovering but fragile and "faces some downside risks."
- Fed directs 8 biggest US banks to hold extra capital Updated: Jul-20-15 4:13 pm
WASHINGTON - Federal regulators are directing the eight biggest U.S. banks to hold capital at levels above industry requirements to cushion against unexpected losses and reduce the chances of future taxpayer bailouts.
- Yellen, Draghi upbeat despite tumult in Greece, China Updated: Jul-16-15 5:23 pm
WASHINGTON - The Chinese stock market is experiencing a terrifying freefall, and Greece is teetering on the brink of financial collapse.
- Yellen: Higher rates won't derail recovery Updated: Jul-16-15 5:23 pm
WASHINGTON - Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen sought to reassure worried lawmakers on Thursday that when the Fed begins to raise interest rates, it will be careful not to derail the economy.
- The Latest: Democrat urges Yellen to wait on rate hikes Updated: Jul-15-15 1:11 pm
WASHINGTON - The latest on Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen's mid-year economic outlook and testimony to Congress (all times local):
- Fed officials in June wary of looming economic risks Updated: Jul-08-15 4:24 pm
WASHINGTON - Federal Reserve policymakers last month saw signs that the economy was healing after its winter slump but agreed that there were still too many uncertainties at home and abroad to raise interest rates.