- Giants miss playoffs again after latest championship run Updated: Oct-05-15 8:04 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The defending champion Giants missed the playoffs in yet another odd-year disappointment, as has become the recent pattern following title runs.
- Tim Hudson cherishes final moment on mound before retiring Updated: Oct-01-15 7:58 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Tim Hudson left the pitching mound for likely the last time to a roaring ovation and tipped his cap to every section of the stadium as his Giants teammates waited in front of the dugout in a hug line.
- Anderson pitches NL West champion Dodgers past Giants Updated: Oct-01-15 7:47 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Brett Anderson is optimistic that after a healthy and productive season he can carry that momentum right into the playoffs.
- Giants reliever Jeremy Affeldt retiring after season Updated: Oct-01-15 4:20 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Torn between being a present father to his three young sons and a professional pitcher, Jeremy Affeldt nearly walked away from baseball for good at the All-Star break before manager Bruce Bochy and catcher Buster Posey talked him into sticking it out a couple more months.
- Barry Zito is content after A's 8-7 win over Angels Updated: Oct-01-15 12:41 am
ANAHEIM, California - Barry Zito's big league career began 15 years ago with a win over the Angels in Oakland. It might have ended Wednesday with four innings against the Angels in the waning days of a losing season.
- LEADING OFF: Angels-Rangers series starts, Price's tuneup Updated: Sep-30-15 9:36 pm
A look at what's happening around the major leagues Thursday:
- Heston wins 1st game in 2 months as Giants beats A's 5-4 Updated: Sep-27-15 8:12 pm
OAKLAND, California - Following Chris Heston's first win in two months, the San Francisco Giants enter the final week of the regular season with a slight chance to reach the playoffs.
- Hudson-Zito matchup hardly lives up to hype in Giants' win Updated: Sep-26-15 11:09 pm
OAKLAND, California - Tim Hudson and Barry Zito won't soon forget Saturday.
- Mark Mulder wouldn't miss classic Hudson versus Zito matchup Updated: Sep-26-15 4:02 pm
OAKLAND, California - Mark Mulder's 7-year-old son Xander skipped his first baseball game of the season so the entire family could be at the Coliseum to watch Tim Hudson and Barry Zito pitch on the same day as their impressive careers near the end.
- Gray wins for A's, helps eliminate Giants from wild card Updated: Sep-26-15 2:14 am
OAKLAND, California - Now, it's staff ace Sonny Gray who might be hurt for the Oakland Athletics.
- Hudson, Zito face off in likely final outings at Oakland Updated: Sep-25-15 8:55 pm
OAKLAND, California - All Tim Hudson and Barry Zito need is Mark Mulder climbing the mound in a green and gold Athletics jersey to complete the 'ol Big Three in Oakland.
- Tim Hudson and Barry Zito facing off will happen Saturday Updated: Sep-23-15 3:31 am
OAKLAND, California - Barry Zito had returned home from a minor league season ready to turn his attention from baseball to his other love, music, perhaps for good.
- Posey, Hudson pace Giants to 5-1 win over Diamondbacks Updated: Sep-20-15 7:24 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Buster Posey hit a three-run homer in the sixth, Tim Hudson pitched six scoreless innings and the San Francisco Giants ended a six-game home losing streak to Arizona, beating the Diamondbacks 5-1 on Sunday.
- De La Rosa, Diamonbacks blank Giants 2-0 Updated: Sep-19-15 2:14 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Once the ball came off Jarrett Parker's bat, Arizona center fielder A.J. Pollock figured he had a chance at it. Everything seemed to be aligned just right.
- Peavy hits 1st HR in 9 years, pitches Giants past Reds 5-3 Updated: Sep-17-15 2:24 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Sure, Jake Peavy can remember his last home run - and the pitcher who gave it up.
- Zito rejoins the A's in 'storybook ending' Updated: Sep-16-15 8:33 pm
CHICAGO - Although he made no official announcement, Barry Zito believed his playing career had concluded with the end of the minor league season earlier this month.
- Todd Frazier homers in 10th as Reds hold off Giants 9-8 Updated: Sep-16-15 3:08 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Todd Frazier made a celebratory hop as he rounded first base and gestured toward his dugout in delight.
- Leake pitches, hits Giants to 10-3 victory over Padres Updated: Sep-13-15 9:49 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - It took a little longer than he would have liked, but Mike Leake finally won a game for the Giants.