- AP NewsBreak: US athletes urge expansion of Russian probe Updated: Jan-26-16 4:26 pm
U.S. Olympic athletes sent a letter to leaders of the International Olympic Committee and World Anti-Doping Agency this week, urging them to expand the investigation into Russian doping to sports beyond track and field.
- Adidas says it is seeking more information from IAAF Updated: Jan-25-16 4:27 am
FRANKFURT, Germany - Adidas, a major sponsor of global athletics, is in "close contact" with track and field's governing body, the IAAF, about the sport's doping and corruption scandals, the sportswear company said Monday, amid reports it is considering ending its sponsorship.
- UK gov't ordered embassies to lobby for Coe Updated: Jan-22-16 8:09 am
LONDON - The British government ordered ambassadors around the world to lobby athletics leaders to vote for Sebastian Coe in the IAAF presidential election, aiming to ensure "British interests are protected," diplomatic messages obtained by The Associated Press reveal.
- Column: Coe's small step on IAAF road to redemption Updated: Jan-15-16 10:18 am
MUNICH - One short plane ride, one small step on track and field's marathon road to redemption.
- IOC asks for transcripts suggesting 2020 Olympic bid bribery Updated: Jan-15-16 9:52 am
LONDON - The IOC is ready to examine allegations of possible bribery in the bidding for the 2020 Olympics.
- Tygart puzzled by refusal to declare IAAF noncompliant Updated: Jan-14-16 5:47 pm
DENVER - The head of the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency is baffled over how a report about the Russian track scandal could stop short of declaring track's governing body noncompliant with the world's anti-doping code.
- The Latest: Olympic committee to work closely with IAAF Updated: Jan-14-16 12:31 pm
MUNICH - The Latest from the IAAF investigation (all times local):
- UK Athletics: Reset world records amid doping crisis Updated: Jan-11-16 10:21 am
All world records in track and field should be reset and lifetime bans should be imposed on serious drug cheats to clean up the sport amid its global doping crisis, the governing body of British athletics said Monday.