- Pat Summitt, winningest coach in D1 history, has died at 64 Updated: Jun-28-16 10:36 am
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Pat Summitt, the winningest coach in Division I college basketball history who uplifted the women's game from obscurity to national prominence during her 38-year career at Tennessee, died Tuesday morning. She was 64.
- Appreciation: Pat Summitt used the sport to empower women Updated: Jun-28-16 8:37 am
Needing yet another men's basketball coach, Tennessee officials turned to the one person they thought would be perfect to take over the Volunteers program.
- UConn coach Geno Auriemma, other Huskies pulling for Summitt Updated: Jun-27-16 10:44 am
NEW YORK - The update on Pat Summitt's health caught Geno Auriemma by surprise. It's simply the news nobody wanted to hear, especially her former rival who built the Connecticut program trying to model off her success coaching Tennessee.
- Taurasi helps Mercury rally past Liberty 104-97 in OT Updated: Jun-26-16 6:26 pm
NEW YORK - Diana Taurasi came up with the big play to send the game to overtime and Candice Dupree took over in the extra period to get Phoenix the victory.
- Thomas' tip-in in final second lifts Sun over Storm 77-76 Updated: Jun-10-16 9:29 pm