- With few exceptions, incumbents survive Georgia primary Updated: May-25-16 5:32 pm
ATLANTA - Georgia incumbents of both parties largely survived Tuesday's primary elections, temporarily debunking theories that political experience has become a fatal trait.
- Georgia primary voters stick with challenged incumbents Updated: May-24-16 11:55 pm
Georgia Republicans who fervently backed Donald Trump for president a few months ago ended up sticking with political insiders Tuesday as incumbents swept to victory in contested primary elections across the state.
- The Latest: Barksdale wins Democratic Senate primary Updated: May-24-16 11:49 pm
ATLANTA - The Latest on Georgia's primary elections (all times local):
- House, Senate hope to craft quick anti-drug abuse compromise Updated: May-13-16 11:18 am
WASHINGTON - Congress is ready to start crafting compromise legislation addressing the nation's opioid abuse crisis, which should be an easier lift than other issues facing lawmakers. The reason: Both parties have an election-year incentive to show they're tackling a problem that is killing people in America's biggest cities and smallest towns.
- GOP "outsider" challengers try to unseat Georgia incumbents Updated: May-12-16 2:38 pm
At the heavily wooded intersection of Georgia Highway's 52 and 9 in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains, Bernie Fontaine sat in his pickup truck to discuss what makes him a more electable candidate in his second run for Congress.
- Georgia Republican hopefuls say unity behind Trump essential Updated: May-06-16 7:09 pm
ATLANTA - Georgia's Republican congressional hopefuls largely fell in line behind Donald Trump during a series of debates Friday, days after Trump essentially clinched the party's presidential nomination. Only one candidate - Derrick Grayson in the GOP U.S. Senate primary - expressed doubts about the businessman.