- Senators urge Kerry to address political crisis in Bahrain Updated: Jun-30-16 6:30 pm
WASHINGTON - A simmering political crisis in Bahrain could spiral into violence, encourage meddling by Iran and weaken a key U.S. ally in the Persian Gulf, a bipartisan group of senators warned Thursday in a letter to Secretary of State John Kerry.
- Editorial Roundup: Recent editorials in Oklahoma newspapers Updated: Jun-28-16 9:13 am
Here are excerpts from recent editorials in Oklahoma newspapers:
- Editorials from around New England Updated: Jun-25-16 10:46 am
Excerpts of recent editorials of statewide and national interest from New England newspapers:
- Connecticut delegation pledges to keep push for gun laws Updated: Jun-24-16 2:26 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Members of Connecticut's congressional delegation say they're energized by the public's reaction to the recent House of Representatives sit-in and Senate filibuster, promising to not stop pushing for more restrictive gun laws.
- After Orlando, slight cracks in gun-rights' grip on Congress Updated: Jun-24-16 2:03 pm
WASHINGTON - How has the Orlando shooting slaughter affected the politics of gun control in Congress? A bipartisan House measure barring firearms sales to some suspected terrorists nicely captures the mix of new and familiar forces in play.
- Eldridge criticizes Boozman's votes on gun control bills Updated: Jun-22-16 6:49 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Democratic U.S. Senate hopeful Conner Eldridge criticized Republican Sen. John Boozman Wednesday for opposing an effort to prevent terrorists from buying guns, saying an alternative measure backed by the Arkansas lawmaker doesn't go far enough.
- Some excerpts from recent Minnesota editorials Updated: Jun-20-16 7:28 pm
Minneapolis Star Tribune, June 20
- The Latest: Senate blocks bills on guns, terror suspects Updated: Jun-20-16 7:07 pm
WASHINGTON - The Latest on the Senate votes on gun control legislation (all times Eastern):
- Lineups for Sunday news shows Updated: Jun-18-16 11:45 am
WASHINGTON - Guest lineups for the Sunday TV news shows:
- Major LGBT-rights group urges steps to curb gun violence Updated: Jun-17-16 4:23 pm
NEW YORK - The Human Rights Campaign, the largest U.S. LGBT-rights organization, on Friday called for several measures to curb gun violence in the aftermath of the attack that killed 49 patrons and staff at a gay nightclub in Orlando, Florida.
- Obama embraces Orlando families, appeals for gun controls Updated: Jun-16-16 8:28 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - Embracing grieving Orlando families and appealing anew for national action, President Barack Obama claimed a threat to all Americans' security Thursday as a strong reason to tighten U.S. gun laws. Counterterror campaigns overseas, he declared, can never prevent all "lone wolf" attacks like the one that killed 49 people in Orlando.
- Arkansas Senate rivals spar on gun control measures Updated: Jun-16-16 7:33 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - U.S. Senate hopeful Conner Eldridge on Thursday backed efforts to prevent suspected terrorists from purchasing guns as Republican Sen. John Boozman's campaign accused the Democratic challenger of politicizing the mass shooting in Orlando.
- Congress stalemated on guns despite shooting, filibuster Updated: Jun-16-16 5:16 pm
WASHINGTON - The slaughter in Florida and an attention-grabbing filibuster in the Senate did little to break the election-year stalemate in Congress over guns Thursday, with both sides unwilling to budge and Republicans standing firm against any new legislation opposed by the National Rifle Association.