- Q&A: Gun control prospects in GOP-run Congress remain remote Updated: Oct-02-15 5:56 pm
WASHINGTON - Another mass shooting, another appearance by a stricken-looking President Barack Obama expressing anguish and frustration over congressional inaction on gun control laws.
- Connecticut tobacco farmers look to new markets in Cuba Updated: Oct-02-15 4:58 pm
SOUTH WINDSOR, Connecticut - As public health initiatives cut into sales of cigars and cigarettes, Connecticut tobacco farmers are looking for new markets in Cuba.
- Democratic discontent with White House Syria policy growing Updated: Sep-28-15 6:10 pm
WASHINGTON - Democratic discontent with the U.S. strategy in Syria is growing, with some of President Barack Obama's supporters in Congress questioning what he is doing to fight Islamic State militants, stem the exodus of Syrian refugees and find a political solution to the conflict.
- Ex-convict a step closer to regaining Bridgeport mayor post Updated: Sep-17-15 5:45 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Former Mayor and ex-convict Joe Ganim says the people of Bridgeport have spoken in nominating him as the city's Democratic mayoral candidate. But incumbent Bill Finch is vowing a fight all the way to the November general election.
- Lawmakers meet with CEO over prospect of GE's departure Updated: Sep-16-15 6:26 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Sen. Chris Murphy says he, Sen. Richard Blumenthal and Rep. Jim Himes have met with General Electric Co. chief executive Jeff Immelt in an effort to keep the industrial giant from leaving Connecticut.