- Dodgers score 4 runs in 7th to beat Cubs 5-2 Updated: Aug-30-15 1:44 am
LOS ANGELES - Clayton Kershaw leads with his arm not his mouth. Yet ever since the Dodgers' ace spoke up after they lost a season-high fifth straight game last weekend, the NL West leaders have been rolling.
- Hammel walks 5 in Cubs' 4-1 loss to Dodgers in series opener Updated: Aug-29-15 2:09 am
LOS ANGELES - Jason Hammel eagerly anticipated matching up against Clayton Kershaw. The Cubs' right-hander was holding his own through the first five innings while the Dodgers' ace was rolling through Chicago's lineup.
- High-priced Dodgers floundering on road trip Updated: Aug-24-15 2:51 am
For all the talk about the Washington Nationals and their disappointing season thus far, there's another highly touted National League team that's also in danger of missing the playoffs.
- A's edge Dodgers 5-4 in 10 Updated: Aug-19-15 2:56 am
OAKLAND, California - Mark Canha had reason to celebrate. He had a career night against one of the top pitchers in the game and scored the winning run.
- Dodgers' Latos stumbles in 10-3 loss to former Reds team Updated: Aug-14-15 3:00 am
LOS ANGELES - Mat Latos is searching for his old self on the mound and so far coming up short in three starts for the Los Angeles Dodgers.
- Kershaw reaches 200 Ks in Dodgers' 3-0 win over Nats Updated: Aug-13-15 1:56 am
LOS ANGELES - Clayton Kershaw showed everyone he was on his game early, striking out the side in the second inning while retiring the game's first 16 batters.
- Iglesias, Votto lead Reds to 7-3 win against Padres Updated: Aug-12-15 8:14 pm
SAN DIEGO - Raisel Iglesias of the Cincinnati Reds had just given up a tying, three-run home run to Matt Kemp in the first inning when the rookie walked Justin Upton.
- Angels lose 6th straight, 5-3 to Dodgers in 10 Updated: Aug-02-15 10:02 pm
LOS ANGELES - The sputtering Angels are in their worst funk of the season, and the Dodgers didn't do anything to help them out of it.
- Ethier's 2 HRs help Dodgers beat Angels 5-3 in 10 Updated: Aug-02-15 8:53 pm
LOS ANGELES - Andre Ethier always wanted to be the guy who made the game-winning 3-pointer or catch the game-winning touchdown pass in the end zone as time expired. In baseball, his only chance at sudden death is a walkoff home run - which he has done six times in his major league career.
- Haren dealt by Marlins to Cubs for 2 minor leaguers Updated: Aug-01-15 10:38 am
- Column: Baseball plays parity game as well as any sport Updated: Aug-01-15 12:20 am
The Houston Astros are loading up for a pennant race.
- With baseball's 2nd-worst record, a lost season for Marlins Updated: Jul-31-15 4:27 pm
MIAMI - Ace right-hander Jose Fernandez is unbeaten and perhaps stronger than ever after recovering from elbow surgery. Giancarlo Stanton remains one of baseball's top power hitters. Dee Gordon is among the game's leaders in batting average and stolen bases. Adeiny Hechavarria has become an All-Star shortstop.
- Dodgers bolster pitching in huge deal with Braves, Marlins Updated: Jul-31-15 12:46 pm
- Astros, Blue Jays add pieces in trades to make playoff push Updated: Jul-31-15 12:10 pm