- Former Sen. Conrad Burns remembered as influential lawmaker Updated: May-06-16 7:44 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - Three-term Montana U.S. Sen. Conrad Burns was remembered Friday as an influential lawmaker skilled at connecting with people but unable to shake a penchant for stirring public controversy with politically incorrect comments.
- The Latest: Hundreds attend service for former Sen. Burns Updated: May-06-16 5:41 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - The Latest on funeral services for former U.S. Sen. Conrad Burns of Montana (all times local):
- Governor releases private emails dealing with state business Updated: May-06-16 3:14 pm
HELENA, Montana - Gov. Steve Bullock has used his private email account to communicate about a wide variety of official business, from proposed legislation to his increasingly strained relationship with the former lieutenant governor, according to hundreds of pages of emails released Friday.
- Montana, feds make deal on use of firefighting helicopters Updated: May-05-16 4:06 pm
HELENA, Montana - Montana and federal officials have made a deal that will allow the state's five firefighting helicopters to respond to some blazes on federal lands, after they were barred from doing so last year as fires raging across the West led to equipment shortages.
- Montana leaders react to former Sen. Conrad Burns' death Updated: Apr-29-16 11:24 am
HELENA, Montana - Condolences rolled in Thursday night as word of former U.S. Sen. Conrad Burns' death spread. Burns died of natural causes at his home in Billings, Montana Republican Party Executive Director Jeff Essmann said. Here is what some state and congressional leaders had to say:
- Facebook disputes claims of Montana candidate Updated: Apr-21-16 10:36 pm
HELENA, Montana - In a recent campaign speech, gubernatorial candidate Greg Gianforte asserted that Facebook passed over Montana for a data center because of the state's business equipment tax.
- Montana invites PayPal after firm spurns North Carolina Updated: Apr-06-16 5:54 pm
HELENA, Montana - Montana officials sought to capitalize on North Carolina's loss and announced Wednesday that they would be courting PayPal to open an operations center.
- The Latest: Hundreds turn out for Crow war chief's funeral Updated: Apr-06-16 3:43 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - The Latest on the funeral of the last Crow war chief (all times Mountain):