- Navy says new attack submarine to be named USS Montana Updated: Sep-02-15 4:54 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - One of the U.S. Navy's new attack submarines will be named the USS Montana.
- Proposed grizzly bear protection settlement heads to judge Updated: Aug-31-15 4:19 pm
HELENA, Montana - The state Land Board on Monday approved a proposed lawsuit settlement between Montana and three conservation groups that would protect grizzly bears while still allowing logging in two state forests west of Glacier National Park.
- Aviation experts to review state's firefighting helicopters Updated: Aug-27-15 6:49 pm
HELENA, Montana - U.S. aviation experts are planning to head to Montana to review the state's firefighting protocols and see for themselves whether its helicopters should be used to attack blazes on federal lands, officials said Thursday.
- China, US seek 'clean coal' agreement as industry struggles Updated: Aug-25-15 9:58 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - U.S. and China officials took a major step Tuesday toward an agreement to advance "clean coal" technologies that purport to reduce the fuel's contribution to climate change - and could offer a potential lifeline for an industry that's seen its fortunes fade.
- Gianforte files for exploratory governor campaign Updated: Aug-17-15 8:40 pm
HELENA, Montana - Technology entrepreneur Greg Gianforte has filed paperwork that says he is exploring a run for Montana governor in 2016.
- Montana Democrats retained their current state party leaders Updated: Aug-16-15 1:17 pm
BOZEMAN, Montana - Montana Democrats have retained their current state party leaders.
- Former political reporter appointed to historical society Updated: Aug-08-15 9:11 am
HELENA, Montana - Gov. Steve Bullock has appointed former Montana political reporter Charles Johnson to the state Historical Society Board of Trustees.