- Governors: Make species delisting process more predictable Updated: Sep-29-15 6:39 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - The process of removing Endangered Species Act protections from recovered species should be made more straightforward and predictable not only for the benefit of business but of animals and plants still imperiled, two governors told federal lawmakers Tuesday.
- Brad Johnson announces candidacy for governor Updated: Sep-23-15 2:05 pm
HELENA, Montana - Montana Public Service Commission Chairman Brad Johnson announced Wednesday that he will attempt to unseat incumbent Democratic Gov. Steve Bullock in 2016.
- With no protections for Western bird, focus is on land-use Updated: Sep-23-15 3:59 am
BILLINGS, Montana - Before the applause faded from the U.S. government's announcement that there would be no endangered species protections for the greater sage grouse, the criticism began over wide-reaching federal conservation plans meant to protect the bird's habitat across 11 Western states.
- 34 lawmakers sign letter supporting Obama emissions cuts Updated: Sep-17-15 6:56 pm
HELENA, Montana - Thirty-four Montana lawmakers have sent a letter to Gov. Steve Bullock saying they support President Barack Obama's plan to cut power plant emissions over the next 15 years.
- State helicopters won't fight federal forest fires this year Updated: Sep-11-15 4:57 pm
HELENA, Montana - Federal officials say Montana has a safe aviation program, but it is unlikely the state's five firefighting helicopters will be used to respond to blazes on U.S. Forest Service lands this year.