- The Latest: Cespedes, Haren, Revere traded at MLB's deadline Updated: Jul-31-15 5:04 pm
NEW YORK - Here are the latest developments as Major League Baseball hits a deadline Friday for trades where players do not first have to pass through waivers (all times Eastern):
- Slumping Cardinals lose game to Reds and Holliday to injury Updated: Jul-30-15 12:50 am
ST. LOUIS - Their silent bats were only one concern for the St. Louis Cardinals on Wednesday night.
- Bruce homers to back DeSclafani as Reds blank Cardinals Updated: Jul-30-15 12:05 am
ST. LOUIS - The Reds may have finally figured out the secret to beating the Cardinals at Busch Stadium: Don't let them score.
- Royals get Cueto in trade with Reds Updated: Jul-26-15 9:11 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Kansas City Royals acquired Johnny Cueto in a trade with Cincinnati on Sunday, sending three prospects to the Reds for a legitimate ace for the front of their beleaguered rotation.
- Teagarden's hit leads Cubs to 6-5 win over Reds and DH split Updated: Jul-22-15 10:54 pm
CINCINNATI - Down by five runs early, the Chicago Cubs managed to pull one out in a most improbable way: A .154 hitter getting a single off a 101 mph pitch.
- Reds put LH reliever Manny Parra on DL with sore elbow Updated: Jul-20-15 4:42 pm
CINCINNATI - The Reds put reliever Manny Parra on the 15-day disabled list Monday with a sore elbow, leaving them without a left-hander in the bullpen other than closer Aroldis Chapman for a four-game series against the Chicago Cubs.
- Cueto wild before Reds lose to Indians in 11 Updated: Jul-19-15 7:56 pm
CINCINNATI - Johnny Cueto was uncharacteristically wild.
- Gomes, Kipnis lift Indians past Reds in 11 Updated: Jul-19-15 7:20 pm
CINCINNATI - The Cleveland Indians had plenty of scoring chances. They cashed in on just enough to squeeze out a win.
- Cuba, US improve relations, but sports defections continue Updated: Jul-19-15 6:17 pm
TORONTO - The manager of Cuba's baseball team at the Pan Am Games wanted nothing to do with questions about defections to the United States.
- Exhilarating All-Star week over, Reds will look to deal Updated: Jul-15-15 3:08 pm
CINCINNATI - Todd Frazier won the Home Run Derby with final-swing drama. Aroldis Chapman blew 'em away in the ninth inning. Even the rain stayed away, moving through town without interrupting the biggest moments of the All-Star Game.
- Playoff races, trade talks highlight 2nd half of MLB season Updated: Jul-15-15 11:21 am
The Cardinals are really good, the Phillies are really bad, and then there's everyone else.
- Trout hits leadoff HR, wins MVP as AL All-Stars top NL 6-3 Updated: Jul-15-15 2:58 am
CINCINNATI - Mike Trout flashed the skill that puts him at the front of baseball's new generation, just moments after four of the all-time greats walked off the field.
- Chapman hits 103 mph in 9th inning of NL's 6-3 All-Star loss Updated: Jul-15-15 2:48 am
CINCINNATI - Aroldis Chapman's first pitch zoomed in at 99 mph. The Reds closer was just warming up.
- NL pitchers a bit off as AL rolls to 6-3 All-Star win Updated: Jul-15-15 1:07 am
CINCINNATI - Four pitches into the game, Zack Greinke left one up just a little bit. At Great American Ball Park, that's too much.
- The Latest: Frazier feeling effects of Home Run Derby win Updated: Jul-14-15 5:53 pm
- Middle relievers getting their due at All-Star Game Updated: Jul-13-15 6:18 pm
CINCINNATI - Darren O'Day can count his career saves on the fingers of both hands - only 10 digits needed to sum up his eight years of relief work in the majors. Kelvin Herrera needs only one hand to tally his saves total.
- Cincinnati eager for All-Star spotlight on city's progress Updated: Jul-10-15 12:38 pm
CINCINNATI - Leaders of the host city for baseball's All-Star Game say Cincinnati is ready for its close-up.
- Rookies Bryant, Pederson make All-Star team; A-Rod left out Updated: Jul-06-15 11:36 pm
NEW YORK - Less than three months after making his major league debut, Chicago Cubs third baseman Kris Bryant is an All-Star, one of two rookies selected along with Los Angeles Dodgers outfielder Joc Pederson.
- Queen City crew: Sending All-Stars young and old to Cincy Updated: Jul-03-15 11:22 am
NEW YORK - Anyone still ranting about the online election that put five Kansas City Royals in position to start the All-Star Game, the following is for you.