- Hoover beats Reds in arbitration, improving players to 2-0 Updated: Feb-05-16 4:07 pm
PHOENIX - Reliever J.J. Hoover has won his salary arbitration case against the Cincinnati Reds, improving players to 2-0 against teams this year.
- Steinbrenner: Chapman innocent until proven otherwise Updated: Jan-20-16 6:21 pm
CORAL GABLES, Florida - Yankees owner Hal Steinbrenner says reliever Aroldis Chapman is "innocent until proven otherwise."
- Arrieta, Cubs have biggest gap in arbitration at $5.5M Updated: Jan-15-16 9:36 pm
NEW YORK - NL Cy Young Award winner Jake Arrieta had the largest gap among 35 players who swapped proposed figures with their teams in salary arbitration, and new Yankees closer Aroldis Chapman also had a big difference.
- Arrieta, Keuchel among 156 to file for salary arbitration Updated: Jan-12-16 9:26 pm
NEW YORK - Cy Young Award winners Jake Arrieta of the Chicago Cubs and Dallas Keuchel of the Houston Astros were among 156 players who filed for salary arbitration Tuesday and are set to swap proposed figures with their teams this week unless they agree to contracts.
- Girardi says Chapman will be Yankees closer Updated: Jan-11-16 9:23 pm
NEW YORK - Yankees manager Joe Girardi says newly acquired left-hander Aroldis Chapman will go into spring training as New York's closer.