- Reds lose to Pirates in Sampson's first starts Updated: Aug-02-15 5:39 pm
CINCINNATI - Reds rookie starter Keyvius Sampson pitched well in his first career start, the effort all but overshadowed by a benches-clearing scrum.
- Pirates earn split with 3-0 win over Reds Updated: Aug-02-15 4:27 pm
- Pirates ace Cole loses to Reds again Updated: Aug-01-15 10:51 pm
CINCINNATI - Gerrit Cole made only a couple of mistakes. Against the Reds, that is enough to wind up losing again.
- Reds can't break through in 9th, lose to Pirates 5-4 Updated: Jul-31-15 11:36 pm
CINCINNATI - Starling Marte threw out Brandon Phillips at the plate for the second out in the ninth. Then he made a diving catch to end it.
- McCutchen, Liriano lead Pirates sweep of Twins with 10-4 win Updated: Jul-29-15 6:20 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Pittsburgh Pirates have the best record in the majors since mid-May.
- Cole pitches a gem, but Pirates fall 3-1 to Royals Updated: Jul-22-15 1:02 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - After Royals manager Ned Yost saw the Pirates' Gerrit Cole pitch a scoreless inning in the All-Star game, he knew his hitters could be in for a long night Tuesday.
- Ventura exits early, Royals lose 10-7 to Pirates Updated: Jul-21-15 2:18 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Yordano Ventura remains an enigma for the Kansas City Royals.
- Surging Pirates look to carry momentum into second half Updated: Jul-16-15 4:30 pm
PITTSBURGH - Jordy Mercer and Pedro Alvarez were on the way to their lockers to savor another improbable comeback late Sunday night when the Pittsburgh Pirates teammates stopped in unison in front of one of the half-dozen large-screen televisions in the clubhouse.
- Pirates rally past Cardinals 6-5 in 10 innings Updated: Jul-13-15 1:14 am
- Cole posts majors-leading 12th win, Pirates beat Indians Updated: Jul-05-15 6:02 pm
PITTSBURGH - Down 3-0 after the third inning on the heels of two uneven starts, Gerrit Cole didn't get angry or flustered.
- Marte leaves game with discomfort in left side Updated: Jul-05-15 4:05 pm
PITTSBURGH - Pirates left fielder Starling Marte left Sunday's game against the Cleveland Indians because of discomfort in his left side while batting in the fourth inning.