- Burnett's 8 Ks not good enough in Pirates' 9-3 loss to Nats Updated: Jul-25-15 11:48 pm
PITTSBURGH - A.J. Burnett posted a 2.11 ERA during a first half that led to the first All-Star selection in his 17-year career. But his second-half struggles continue.
- Cole pitches a gem, but Pirates fall 3-1 to Royals Updated: Jul-22-15 1:02 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - After Royals manager Ned Yost saw the Pirates' Gerrit Cole pitch a scoreless inning in the All-Star game, he knew his hitters could be in for a long night Tuesday.
- Ventura exits early, Royals lose 10-7 to Pirates Updated: Jul-21-15 2:18 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Yordano Ventura remains an enigma for the Kansas City Royals.
- Surging Pirates look to carry momentum into second half Updated: Jul-16-15 4:30 pm
PITTSBURGH - Jordy Mercer and Pedro Alvarez were on the way to their lockers to savor another improbable comeback late Sunday night when the Pittsburgh Pirates teammates stopped in unison in front of one of the half-dozen large-screen televisions in the clubhouse.
- Pirates rally past Cardinals 6-5 in 10 innings Updated: Jul-13-15 1:14 am
- Cole posts majors-leading 12th win, Pirates beat Indians Updated: Jul-05-15 6:02 pm
PITTSBURGH - Down 3-0 after the third inning on the heels of two uneven starts, Gerrit Cole didn't get angry or flustered.
- Marte leaves game with discomfort in left side Updated: Jul-05-15 4:05 pm
PITTSBURGH - Pirates left fielder Starling Marte left Sunday's game against the Cleveland Indians because of discomfort in his left side while batting in the fourth inning.
- Tigers call back to .500 after getting swept by Pirates Updated: Jul-02-15 6:12 pm
- Liriano lead Pirates to 8-4 win, sweep of Tigers Updated: Jul-02-15 5:53 pm
DETROIT - Francisco Liriano knows very well what the Detroit Tigers have done to him over the last five years.
- Wood sharp as Braves top Pirates 2-1 to end losing streak Updated: Jun-28-15 6:17 pm
PITTSBURGH - Alex Wood can tell the instant a breaking ball leaves his hand whether he has a feel for it on a given day. When he does, the Atlanta Braves lefty can be dominant.