- Branden Grace cites Zika in pulling out of Olympics Updated: Jun-24-16 11:12 am
Branden Grace withdrew from the Olympics on Friday, becoming the fourth golfer to cite the Zika virus as a reason not to play in Rio de Janeiro this summer.
- McDowell says he won't replace McIlroy at Rio Olympics Updated: Jun-23-16 8:56 am
DUBLIN - Graeme McDowell rejected the chance to replace Rory McIlroy in the Irish Olympic team on Thursday, becoming the latest high-profile golfer to opt out of the Rio de Janeiro Games.
- Rising star Thiem, top US man Isner skipping Olympic tennis Updated: Jun-23-16 3:50 am
PARIS - Mike Bryan panicked a bit, understandably, when he received a phone call about the burglar alarm sounding at his home back in the U.S. while he was at the French Open.
- McIlroy opts out of Rio Olympics over Zika concerns Updated: Jun-22-16 11:03 am
Golfer Rory McIlroy became one of the most high-profile sports stars to opt out of the Rio de Janeiro Olympics because of concerns about the Zika virus, saying Wednesday it is "a risk I am unwilling to take."
- Dustin Johnson's US Open win: right penalty, wrong delivery Updated: Jun-21-16 6:12 pm
OAKMONT, Pennsylvania - As different as they are, the Masters and U.S. Open had two things in common this year.
- Dustin Johnson wins US Open at Oakmont for first major title Updated: Jun-19-16 10:40 pm
OAKMONT, Pennsylvania - Dustin Johnson had everything going his way Sunday in the U.S. Open.
- Column: Johnson wins one the USGA tries to take away Updated: Jun-19-16 10:00 pm
OAKMONT, Pennsylvania - Maybe Dustin Johnson is smarter than the average golfer after all.
- The Latest: Johnson wins US Open for his first major title Updated: Jun-19-16 8:05 pm
OAKMONT, Pennsylvania - The latest from the U.S. Open golf championship (all times local:):
- McIlroy, Mickelson and Fowler miss cut at US Open Updated: Jun-18-16 3:52 pm
OAKMONT, Pennsylvania - Rory McIlroy arrived at the U.S. Open searching for his game.
- Pushing the 'Restart' Button for Round 1 of US Open Updated: Jun-17-16 3:27 am
OAKMONT, Pennsylvania - Might as well hit the "restart" button on this U.S. Open.
- Stimpmeter: How a 3-foot-long ramp breaks golfers' hearts Updated: Jun-16-16 3:16 pm
OAKMONT, Pennsylvania - A 3-foot-long ramp invented in the 1930s could have more say about who wins the U.S. Open come Sunday than all the swing coaches, sports psychologists and fitness gurus in the wide world of golf combined.
- Masters champ Danny Willett takes on 2nd leg of Grand Slam Updated: Jun-14-16 5:42 pm
OAKMONT, Pennsylvania - More than five decades of history is enough to remind Masters champion Danny Willett that winning the calendar Grand Slam is unlikely.
- McIlroy focusing on disciplined approach as Oakmont looms Updated: Jun-14-16 5:40 pm
OAKMONT, Pennsylvania - Rory McIlroy winced ever so slightly as he uttered the words, well aware of their connotations even though he intended no disrespect to some of the greatest moments of his career.
- Berger confident heading to US Open after 1st PGA title Updated: Jun-13-16 2:25 am
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Nobody has won a PGA Tour event and followed up by winning the U.S. Open the next week. Daniel Berger is confident enough in how he's playing to believe he can make a little history.
- A long road and 2 major championships for Angel Cabrera Updated: Jun-10-16 11:39 am
Going a mile in the shoes of Angel Cabrera is just getting started.
- From mini-tours to a Memorial title for William McGirt Updated: Jun-06-16 2:08 am
DUBLIN, Ohio - The putt measured just over 6 feet, a minuscule distance compared with how long William McGirt traveled to get to this point.
- William McGirt wins Memorial in a playoff Updated: Jun-05-16 8:11 pm
DUBLIN, Ohio - William McGirt thought he hit it big when he won the Cabarrus Classic and pocketed $16,000, the second-largest prize on the Tar Heel Tour.
- A share of the lead, a big pileup behind at the Memorial Updated: Jun-04-16 4:04 am
DUBLIN, Ohio - Five holes into the second round of the Memorial, Rory McIlroy had three birdies and Jordan Spieth had two bogeys. They were going opposition directions and thinking about the same destination.
- Schwartzel says Zika kept him out of Olympics; Day wary Updated: Jun-03-16 4:44 pm
DUBLIN, Ohio - The Zika virus is why Charl Schwartzel is skipping the Olympics, and world No. 1 Jason Day is starting to think twice about going to Rio.
- A look at Group C at Euro 2016 Updated: Jun-03-16 1:02 pm
A look at the teams and their key players and coach in Group C at the European Championship:
- World's top 3 golfers all coming off wins to Memorial Updated: May-29-16 8:55 pm
Jason Day, Jordan Spieth and Rory McIlroy, the top three in the world golf ranking, are all going to Muirfield Village for the Memorial coming off victories.
- European Tour chief: Changes must be made to Wentworth Updated: May-29-16 8:38 am
VIRGINIA WATER, England - Significant improvements must be made to the West Course at Wentworth by its new Chinese owners if it is to continue hosting the European Tour's flagship event, the head of the tour said Sunday.