- Tony Kanaan fastest in final practice for 100th Indy 500 Updated: May-27-16 1:40 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Tony Kanaan was so frustrated during qualifying that he was simply relieved once it was over.
- Indy 500 winners determine best drivers, greatest races Updated: May-27-16 10:52 am
INDIANAPOLIS - In the lead-up to the 100th running of the "The Greatest Spectacle in Racing," The Associated Press interviewed the 27 living race winners on topics ranging from the greatest driver to most memorable moment.
- Penske the standard of excellence at Indy after 50 years Updated: May-26-16 4:26 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - It was 1951 when Jay Penske scored a pair of tickets to the Indianapolis 500. He was an executive for a metal fabrication company in Cleveland that was sponsoring a few laps in the race, so he brought his 14-year-old son to Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
- The Greatest Spectacle in Racing remains an American icon Updated: May-25-16 3:49 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indianapolis 500 has outlasted two world wars, the decline of the automobile industry, a bitter split in open-wheel racing and more death than anyone cares to recall.
- Highlights from the 99th running of the Indianapolis 500 Updated: May-25-16 10:01 am
RACE: 99th Indianapolis 500
- Hinchcliffe passes Newgarden on final run for Indy 500 pole Updated: May-22-16 7:34 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - James Hinchcliffe watched the Indianapolis 500 last year from his hospital bed. He had nearly died from injuries six days earlier in a crash at famed Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
- The AP's Indianapolis 500 All-Star starting lineup Updated: May-18-16 2:11 am
INDIANAPOLIS - As the Indianapolis 500 celebrates its centennial race May 29, The Associated Press has come up with a completely subjective all-star, 33-driver starting field. The list includes multiple winners, innovators, fan favorites and trend-setters. They may not be the best drivers in race history, but all of them have helped shaped the event. The field is listed in the traditional three-car, 11-row starting grid with a synopsis of each row.
- Throwback cars giving 100th Indianapolis 500 retro look Updated: May-16-16 5:41 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indianapolis 500 fans might feel like they're traveling through a time warp this month.
- Montoya undeterred by spoils of defending Indy 500 champ Updated: May-15-16 1:10 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Juan Pablo Montoya spent his first week in Indianapolis surrounded by autograph seekers in Gasoline Alley.
- Pagenaud expands IndyCar lead with 3rd straight victory Updated: May-14-16 7:40 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Simon Pagenaud turned up the heat in Indianapolis' record-breaking cold Saturday.
- Pagenaud adds another pole win to dominant start at Indy GP Updated: May-13-16 9:14 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Simon Pagenaud keeps finding ways to stay ahead of the IndyCar pack.
- Experience helping Pagenaud make early championship push Updated: May-12-16 5:37 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Simon Pagenaud is all business this week in Indianapolis.
- Highlights from the 84th running of the Indianapolis 500 Updated: May-10-16 12:08 pm
RACE: 84th Indianapolis 500