- Excerpts from recent North Dakota editorials Updated: Feb-04-16 12:02 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Minot Daily News, Minot, Jan. 30, 2016
- North Dakota governor orders cuts amid $1B budget shortfall Updated: Feb-01-16 6:43 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - North Dakota Gov. Jack Dalrymple ordered deep cuts to government agencies and a massive raid on the oil-rich state's savings on Monday to make up for a more than $1 billion budget shortfall due to a drop in oil drilling and depressed crude prices.
- Stenehjem leads gubernatorial fundraising with $240,000 Updated: Feb-01-16 6:27 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - North Dakota Attorney General Wayne Stenehjem has nearly $240,000 on hand in his bid to be the state's next governor, far outpacing at least one of his competitors, according to campaign finance reports.
- Justices won't let North Dakota enforce tough abortion law Updated: Jan-25-16 3:35 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - The U.S. Supreme Court refused on Monday to review lower court rulings overturning North Dakota's ban on abortion at six weeks of pregnancy - before many women know they're pregnant.
- North Dakota regulator recuses from decision, cites conflict Updated: Jan-11-16 5:22 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A North Dakota regulator removed himself Monday from the permitting process for an oil pipeline because his mother-in-law is negotiating an easement with the project's builder.