- House passes bill to crack down on 'sanctuary cities' Updated: Jul-23-15 10:30 pm
WASHINGTON - The House passed legislation Thursday cracking down on "sanctuary cities" that shield residents from federal immigration authorities. Angry Democrats accused Republicans of aligning themselves with Donald Trump and his anti-immigrant views, and the White House threatened a veto.
- House passes bill to prevent mandatory GMO labeling Updated: Jul-23-15 3:21 pm
WASHINGTON - Food companies would not have to disclose whether their products include genetically modified ingredients under legislation passed by the House Thursday.
- 5 things: House bill would prevent mandatory GMO labeling Updated: Jul-23-15 9:11 am
WASHINGTON - States could no longer require labels on genetically modified foods under legislation the House is considering.
- Conservatives warn IRS could target gay marriage opponents Updated: Jul-16-15 4:01 pm
WASHINGTON - A brief exchange during Supreme Court arguments in the same-sex marriage case has exploded into a full-blown crisis for some conservatives who warn that the IRS could start revoking the tax-exempt status of religious groups that oppose gay marriage.
- Death of Tibetan monk draws ire of US lawmakers Updated: Jul-14-15 6:42 pm
WASHINGTON - U.S. lawmakers held a moment of silence Tuesday and expressed anger and sadness over the death in prison of a prominent Tibetan monk, and lamented that U.S. criticism of China's conduct is failing to stop repression of the minority group.