- Historian, author of 'The Pacific' Hugh Ambrose dies at 48 Updated: May-27-15 2:35 am
HELENA, Montana - Hugh Ambrose, who wrote the World War II history "The Pacific" after years of researching for his father, the renowned historian Stephen Ambrose, has died at age 48.
- Audiard's 'Dheepan' wins Palme d'Or in upset Cannes finale Updated: May-24-15 11:53 pm
CANNES, France - The 68th Cannes Film Festival was brought to a surprising close Sunday with Jacques Audiard's Sri Lankan refugee drama taking the festival's coveted top honor, the Palme d'Or.
- Palme d'Or up for grabs ahead of Cannes Film Festival finale Updated: May-23-15 3:13 pm
CANNES, France - A week and a half of French Riviera frenzy comes down to, as it always does, wild conjecture.
- Review: 'Poltergeist' solid remake of haunted house classic Updated: May-21-15 9:21 am
LOS ANGELES - It's infrequent and particularly satisfying when the remake of an especially memorable film equals or exceeds the experience of the original. In 1982, "Poltergeist" saw the brilliant pairing of "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre's" low-budget horror director Tobe Hooper with far more mainstream screenwriter and producer Steven Spielberg for an effects-laden event movie that earned its place as a contemporary benchmark among supernatural thrillers.
- Holocaust foundation Spielberg started honors Ford chairman Updated: May-14-15 6:29 am
DETROIT - The executive chairman of Ford Motor Company is getting an award from a Holocaust remembrance foundation started by filmmaker Steven Spielberg.
- Elizabeth Banks takes the reins on 'Pitch Perfect 2' Updated: May-12-15 2:52 pm
LOS ANGELES - Everyone warned Elizabeth Banks against filming the outdoor concert finale for "Pitch Perfect 2." It was June in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. It was scorching hot, it was hurricane season, and they would have to build a full, functioning stage and recruit a small town of extras to make it believable.
- Miller's dystopian dream roars again in 'Mad Max: Fury Road' Updated: May-11-15 12:56 pm
NEW YORK - Three and a half decades is a long time for a fever dream.
- Philbin tells Trine grads not to be afraid to share goals Updated: May-10-15 4:01 pm
ANGOLA, Indiana - Television personality Regis Philbin spoke at Trine University's commencement and told graduates class not to be afraid of telling others of their life goals.