- Hutchinson names 2, promotes 2 at Arkansas Racing Commission Updated: May-26-16 7:20 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Gov. Asa Hutchinson has named two people to the Arkansas Racing Commission and moved two others into leadership roles with the panel.
- Arkansas Democrats dropping Jefferson, Jackson from dinner Updated: May-26-16 4:41 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The Arkansas Democratic Party on Thursday said it's dropping Thomas Jefferson and Andrew Jackson's names from its annual fundraising dinner, joining a growing number of state parties distancing themselves from the slave-owning presidents.
- Editorial Roundup: Recent editorials in Arkansas newspapers Updated: May-24-16 9:01 am
Here are excerpts from recent editorials in Arkansas newspapers:
- Hutchinson: Transgender bathroom debate likely next year Updated: May-19-16 5:43 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson said Thursday he's opposed to taking up legislation during this week's session regarding which restrooms transgender people can use, but says he expects the issue to come up when lawmakers return next year.
- Arkansas pays at least $100,000 to 2,722 state employees Updated: May-15-16 1:14 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The number of Arkansas state employees whose salaries are at least $100,000 a year increased by 137 to 2,722 this year.
- Federal disaster declaration issued for 12 Arkansas counties Updated: May-06-16 2:26 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - President Barack Obama has declared a disaster for a dozen Arkansas counties affected by severe weather in early March.
- Hutchinson unlikely to try ending King-Lee holiday this year Updated: May-05-16 6:32 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Gov. Asa Hutchinson said Thursday that he's unlikely to proceed this year with his plan to end Arkansas' practice of honoring civil rights leader Martin Luther King Jr. and Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee on the same day.