- GOP backs opponent of Republican incumbent attorney general Updated: Jul-28-15 6:28 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The Republican Party of Louisiana is backing former Congressman Jeff Landry for the post of state's attorney general, announcing Tuesday that it was snubbing GOP incumbent Buddy Caldwell.
- Lieberman, in retirement, lobbies against Iran nuclear deal Updated: Jul-26-15 10:37 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Former Sen. Joe Lieberman, who staked his Senate career on a tough U.S. response to terrorism following the 9/11 attacks, has emerged from retirement to again jump into the fray.
- Pro-Israel lobby backs group to fight Iranian nuclear deal Updated: Jul-17-15 6:15 pm
WASHINGTON - A powerful pro-Israel lobby is backing a new political group that on Friday launched a multimillion-dollar campaign to oppose the nuclear pact the United States recently made with Iran.
- Lawmakers back company responsible for decade-old Gulf leak Updated: Jul-16-15 4:40 am
WASHINGTON - Capitol Hill lawmakers from Louisiana have intervened on behalf of a New Orleans company that has failed to stop a decade-old oil leak in the Gulf of Mexico but lobbied for a refund of money reserved for spill containment work, according to letters obtained by The Associated Press through public records requests.
- Virginia Shehee, ex-state senator from Shreveport, dies Updated: Jul-07-15 8:01 pm
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - Shreveport businesswoman and philanthropist Virginia Kilpatrick Shehee, who was also a former state senator, has died after a long illness.