- Reds hang close again but get swept by Mets Updated: Apr-28-16 12:22 am
NEW YORK - Facing the defending National League champions on their home turf was going to be a tough task for Cincinnati.
- Walker's 9th HR helps Mets beat Reds 5-2 to win 6th straight Updated: Apr-28-16 12:15 am
NEW YORK - The New York Mets let Daniel Murphy go in free agency this offseason after his power surge last fall propelled them to the World Series.
- Bourjos' infield single in 11th lifts Phillies over Mets 5-4 Updated: Apr-21-16 12:22 am
PHILADELPHIA - A couple more homers weren't enough to give the New York Mets a sweep.
- Bourjos' infield single in 11th lifts Phillies over Mets 5-4 Updated: Apr-20-16 11:54 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Peter Bourjos found a perfect spot in the lineup - ninth behind the pitcher.
- Harvey loses third straight start, Mets fall 7-5 to Indians Updated: Apr-16-16 9:18 pm
CLEVELAND - Matt Harvey insists he isn't hurt, nor is he mentally fatigued from the New York Mets' long playoff run last season.
- Major leaguers trying to figure out proper slide into 2nd Updated: Apr-09-16 6:01 pm
Something that used to be second nature in baseball - sliding hard into second base to prevent a double play - is deciding games and giving major leaguers fits a week into the season. From the AL to the NL, runners making that 90-foot dash are wondering: What's acceptable anymore?
- Syndergaard, Mets shut out Royals following ring ceremony Updated: Apr-05-16 9:39 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - New York Mets pitcher Noah Syndergaard was amused when Kauffman Stadium's sound system played "American Woman" as he trotted out to the mound for the first inning.
- Royals get World Series rings, then shut out by Mets Updated: Apr-05-16 9:24 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - After raising a championship banner before their opener Sunday, the Kansas City Royals got their World Series rings in a pregame ceremony Tuesday.
- Armed and ready: Cespedes, Mets prepare to play favorites Updated: Apr-01-16 11:40 am
NEW YORK - That surprising run to the World Series last season did a couple of significant things for the New York Mets: It reinvigorated a struggling franchise - and put a sizable target square on its back.