- N. Korea offers particularly good look at Kim, other leaders Updated: May-11-16 7:00 am
SEOUL, South Korea - North Korean state media on Wednesday released high-resolution headshots of more than two dozen top officials, including leader Kim Jong Un, that appear to be missing something Pyongyang-watchers have come to expect: signs of retouching.
- Do blunders mean South Korea's spying apparatus is broken? Updated: May-11-16 4:58 am
SEOUL, South Korea - When it comes to spying on North Korea, rival South Korea seems to be wrong almost as much as it's right.
- 5 things about Kim's congress, from North and South Korea Updated: May-10-16 8:04 am
North Korea just wrapped up its biggest political event in decades - a lavish, four-day congress of its ruling Workers' Party of Korea intended to both strengthen the leadership of Kim Jong Un, who presided over it all and came out with the newly created title of party chairman, and show off the face of the country that North Korea wants the world to see: that of a stable, unified nuclear power determined to stay its own path, come what may.
- Ex-N. Korea army head, who Seoul said was executed, is alive Updated: May-10-16 3:37 am
SEOUL, South Korea - A former North Korean military chief who Seoul had said was executed is actually alive and in possession of several new senior-level posts, the North's state media said Tuesday.
- Things to know about North Korea's first congress in decades Updated: May-05-16 8:23 pm
SEOUL, South Korea - North Korea's elite are gathered in Pyongyang ahead of their biggest political conference in decades.
- Details of N. Korea party congress secret, but goals clear Updated: May-03-16 4:54 am
TOKYO - North Korea, the world's last great master of Cold War-era spectacle, is likely to deliver a big one when its ruling party holds its first congress in 36 years later this week.
- North Korea party congress to show unity around Kim Jong Un Updated: May-01-16 9:10 am
TOKYO - North Korea is preparing to hold a once-in-a-generation congress of its ruling party that is intended to rally the nation behind leader Kim Jong Un and could provide an important glimpse into Kim's plans for the country's economy and military.