- In S. Korea, a town of Kims - and an unusual shared history Updated: Nov-29-15 12:37 am
NONSAN, South Korea - Many of his students are Kims. So are his fellow teachers, an elementary school alumnus and the owners of restaurants and pubs that he patronizes in his small farming village. Lots of Kims in his neighborhood, too. Such is everyday life for Kim Sun Won, who, obviously, is a Kim too.
- Seoul: North Korean leader Kim demotes top official Updated: Nov-24-15 4:37 am
SEOUL, South Korea - North Korean leader Kim Jong Un is believed to have demoted one of his top officials and sent him to a rural collective farm for reeducation, South Korea's spy agency told lawmakers Tuesday.
- Former South Korean President Kim Young-sam dies at age 87 Updated: Nov-21-15 2:27 pm
SEOUL, South Korea - Former President Kim Young-sam, who formally ended decades of military rule in South Korea and accepted a massive international bailout during the 1997-1998 Asian financial crisis, died Sunday. He was 87.
- NKorean diplomat: UN chief should improve relations Updated: Nov-17-15 1:48 pm
UNITED NATIONS - A senior North Korean diplomat says he knows nothing about reported plans for a visit to Pyongyang by U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon, but that if the U.N. chief does come he should help improve relations between the two Koreas and between the North and the United Nations.
- Report: UN chief to visit North Korea this week Updated: Nov-16-15 5:31 am
SEOUL, South Korea - U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon will visit Pyongyang this week for a possible meeting with leader Kim Jong Un, a South Korean news report said.
- SKorea leader open to NKorea talks if nuclear progress made Updated: Nov-13-15 8:55 am
SEOUL, South Korea - South Korea's president said Friday that she is open to talking directly with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un if the North makes progress in abandoning its nuclear bomb ambitions.