- Astros, Blue Jays add pieces in trades to make playoff push Updated: Jul-31-15 12:10 pm
- Castro's 9th-inning homer gives Astros 3-0 win over Angels Updated: Jul-31-15 12:57 am
- Castro's 9th-inning homer gives Astros 3-0 win over Angels Updated: Jul-31-15 12:44 am
HOUSTON - Few expected the Houston Astros to be contenders entering this season.
- Trout has grand slam, solo HR in Angels' win over Rangers Updated: Jul-26-15 8:57 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Home run titles are no different to Mike Trout than any of the other awards and achievements that have made him a major league star. If it happens, it happens. It's just not on his personal agenda at the moment.
- Greinke's shutout streak ends, Mets beat Dodgers 3-2 in 10 Updated: Jul-26-15 8:14 pm
NEW YORK - Thanks to another exquisite performance from Jacob deGrom and a big hit by newcomer Juan Uribe, the New York Mets did more than just stop Zack Greinke's streak.
- Greinke's shutout streak over; Mets top Dodgers 3-2 in 10 Updated: Jul-26-15 8:09 pm
NEW YORK - Zack Greinke hit the Mets harder than they hit him. Still, his shutout streak is over.
- Greinke gives up run, shutout streak over at 45 2-3 innings Updated: Jul-26-15 2:36 pm
NEW YORK - Zack Greinke's shutout streak for the Los Angeles Dodgers is over after the New York Mets scored against him on a grounder by opposing pitcher Jacob deGrom.
- Ervin Santana mows down Angels in 3-0 victory for Twins Updated: Jul-23-15 7:02 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Ervin Santana has been worth the wait for the Minnesota Twins.
- Pujols blasts 3 HRs as Angels beat Sox 11-1, 7-3 in DHer Updated: Jul-21-15 2:02 am
ANAHEIM, California - Although Albert Pujols doesn't much care for celebrations outside of October, he smiled and stood still when Mike Trout and Erick Aybar ran up and doused him with two postgame buckets of ice and liquid.
- Angels rained out at home for 1st time since 1995 Updated: Jul-19-15 11:52 pm
ANAHEIM, California - After 20 years and 1,609 consecutive home games, the Los Angeles Angels finally lost another game to rain.
- After All-Star honors, Trout gets back to work with Angels Updated: Jul-17-15 11:38 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Mike Trout has parked his truck and stowed his latest glass bat trophy from the All-Star Game.
- Playoff races, trade talks highlight 2nd half of MLB season Updated: Jul-15-15 11:21 am
The Cardinals are really good, the Phillies are really bad, and then there's everyone else.
- Trout hits leadoff HR, wins MVP as AL All-Stars top NL 6-3 Updated: Jul-15-15 2:58 am
CINCINNATI - Mike Trout flashed the skill that puts him at the front of baseball's new generation, just moments after four of the all-time greats walked off the field.
- Jersey Boys Trout & Frazier head home after All-Star triumph Updated: Jul-15-15 2:51 am
CINCINNATI - As the Jersey Boys prepared to jet home from the All-Star Game for two days of R&R, Todd Frazier knew who was covering the cost of the charter flight, and it wasn't him.
- The Latest: Frazier feeling effects of Home Run Derby win Updated: Jul-14-15 5:53 pm
- Don't forget the old guys at youthful All-Star Game Updated: Jul-13-15 11:33 pm
CINCINNATI - A.J. Burnett sat at his table during the National League media session Monday wearing a white T-shirt that showed off his tattooed arms, his hair styled in a faux hawk similar to the 'do worn by one of his sons standing nearby.
- The Latest: Donaldson eliminates Rizzo from Home Run Derby Updated: Jul-13-15 8:39 pm
CINCINNATI - Here are the latest developments from baseball's All-Star Game festivities in Cincinnati, where sluggers will compete in the Home Run Derby on Monday night before Tuesday's game to decide home field advantage in the World Series (all times local):
- Angels move into 1st place in AL West, beat Seattle 10-3 Updated: Jul-12-15 8:09 pm
SEATTLE - Despite early struggles, the Los Angeles Angels are sitting where most expected when the All-Star break arrived: On top of the American League West.
- Trout hits 2 HRs, Giavotella lifts Angels over Rockies 3-2 Updated: Jul-09-15 3:20 am
DENVER - Mike Trout provided the early power and Johnny Giavotella delivered another clutch hit for the Los Angeles Angels.
- Seattle's Cruz has longest HR; Stanton longest 3 in NL Updated: Jul-08-15 7:50 pm
NEW YORK - Seattle's Nelson Cruz has the longest home run in the major leagues this season, and Miami's Giancarlo Stanton has the three longest in the NL, according to the sport's new Statcast computer system.
- Pujols hits 25th HR, Angels finish sweep of Rangers 12-6 Updated: Jul-06-15 12:17 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - Albert Pujols probably didn't need to pad his AL home run lead to have a chance to join teammate Mike Trout in the starting lineup for the All-Star game.
- 4 Royals elected to start All-Star Game; Reds' Frazier, too Updated: Jul-05-15 10:51 pm
NEW YORK - The All-Star Game will have a Kansas City flavor, just not as much as it appeared last month.