- Judge blocks planned sale of Whitney Houston's Emmy Award Updated: Jun-24-16 7:44 pm
LOS ANGELES - A federal judge blocked the sale of an Emmy Award that Whitney Houston won 30 years ago after it was put on the auction block by the late singer's family.
- Auction of Whitney Houston memorabilia earns $500,000 Updated: Jun-24-16 7:36 pm
LOS ANGELES - An auction of Whitney Houston's memorabilia has earned more than $500,000 despite a judge blocking the sale of an Emmy Award won by the late singer.
- California News Digest 4 pm Updated: Jun-24-16 7:16 pm
Hello! Here's a look at how AP's general news coverage is shaping up in California. Questions about coverage plans are welcome and should be directed to the AP-Los Angeles bureau at 213-626-1200, email@example.com, or to the AP-San Francisco bureau at 415-495-1708, firstname.lastname@example.org. Andrew Dalton is on the news desk. AP-California News Editor Frank Baker can be reached at 213-626-1200 or email@example.com.
- Dear epilepsy: I won't let you take over my life Updated: Jun-18-16 3:03 am
SALEM, Oregon - A tiny speck of dirt, that's what Olivia Nell calls it in her letter. She acknowledges its presence but dismisses its power.
- Bobby Brown memoir alleges Houston smoked pot with daughter Updated: Jun-08-16 7:25 pm
NEW YORK - In a book filled with explicit stories of sex, drugs and violence, Bobby Brown's memoir includes allegations about the late Whitney Houston ranging from smoking pot with their then-teenage daughter to having an affair with Tupac Shakur.
- Bobby Brown: Friend to blame for Houston, daughter's death Updated: Jun-07-16 11:54 am
NEW YORK - Bobby Brown is suggesting family friend Nick Gordon is to blame for the deaths of his ex-wife Whitney Houston and the couple's daughter, Bobbi Kristina Brown.
- 'The Greatest Love of All' among songs inspired by Ali Updated: Jun-05-16 10:11 am
NEW YORK - Before he was even heavyweight champion or had changed his name from Cassius Clay, Muhammad Ali was a force in the music world. He had befriended Sam Cooke and released an album featuring his comic poetry and a cover of the hit "Stand By Me." But starting in the mid-1960s, Ali himself would inspire songs of all kinds, from all over the world. Here are some notable releases about Ali:
- Ali found icon status in blending politics, activism, sports Updated: Jun-04-16 7:38 pm
NEW YORK - During the Beatles' first visit to the United States in 1964, clever publicity agents arranged a meeting with Cassius Clay, then training for the bout that would make him heavyweight champion. The result was a memorable photo of a whooping Clay, who later changed his name to Muhammad Ali, standing astride four "knockout victims."
- Muhammad Ali was the subject of many films and star of a few Updated: Jun-04-16 1:57 pm
Muhammad Ali would almost seem unbelievable if he was created as a work of fiction for a movie script.