- EU agrees in principle to prolong Russia sanctions Updated: Jun-21-16 1:27 pm
BRUSSELS - European Union nations have agreed in principle to extend sanctions against Russia for six more months to keep pressure on Moscow to respect the peace agreement in Ukraine.
- French president floats slow lifting of Russia sanctions Updated: Jun-21-16 8:35 am
PARIS - French President Francois Hollande says European Union sanctions against Russia could be gradually lifted but only if further progress is made on a peace deal for Ukraine.
- The Latest: Renzi praises Russian role in Libya Updated: Jun-17-16 1:52 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Russia - The Latest from the Russian Economic Forum in St. Petersburg (all times local):
- NATO ministers approve expanded aid package for Ukraine Updated: Jun-15-16 11:37 am
BRUSSELS - NATO defense ministers have approved an expanded assistance package for Ukraine, whose military forces are battling a Russian-backed insurgency in the country's east.
- Russia and Ukraine exchange prisoners Updated: Jun-14-16 1:35 pm
MOSCOW - Russia and Ukraine have exchanged four prisoners in a move coordinated by their governments.
- AP Interview: Savchenko calls for early elections in Ukraine Updated: Jun-10-16 3:13 pm
KIEV, Ukraine - Pilot Nadiya Savchenko on Friday called for early parliamentary elections to "infuse fresh blood" into Ukraine's politics, a call that could send shock waves across the volatile nation.
- Ex-NATO chief, PM named as adviser to Ukraine' president Updated: May-28-16 5:39 am
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - A former NATO Secretary-General and Danish prime minister has been named an adviser to Ukraine's president.
- Savchenko's return heralds new turmoil in Ukraine Updated: May-26-16 12:03 pm
MOSCOW - After being freed from a Russian jail, Ukrainian pilot Nadezhda Savchenko stands to emerge as a wild new force in Ukraine's already volatile politics.
- The Latest: US diplomat overjoyed at Ukraine pilot's release Updated: May-25-16 2:00 pm
KIEV, Ukraine - The Latest on Ukrainian pilot Nadezhda Savchenko (all times local):
- Ukrainian pilot returns home as unrivalled national hero Updated: May-25-16 12:03 pm
MOSCOW - When war broke out in eastern Ukraine, pilot Nadezhda Savchenko left her hometown to join the fight against Russia-backed separatists. Nearly two years after she was captured, then tried and convicted in Russia, she returned home to a rapturous welcome in Kiev.