- 9/11 recovery workers: Congress must renew health programs Updated: Sep-03-15 2:34 pm
NEW YORK - Dozens of 9/11 rescue and recovery workers gathered at the World Trade Center site on Thursday to demand that Congress extend programs offering money and free health care to people exposed to toxic dust after the terror attacks.
- NY Congresswoman Maloney intends to vote against Iran deal Updated: Aug-27-15 10:29 am
NEW YORK - Congresswoman Carolyn Maloney is the latest New York lawmaker to oppose President Barack Obama's Iran nuclear agreement.
- US criticizes use of police in ouster of Myanmar party chief Updated: Aug-14-15 6:19 pm
WASHINGTON - U.S. policymakers are criticizing the role of Myanmar security forces in the nighttime ouster of the ruling party chief this week, which shows the fragility of political reforms as the Southeast Asian nation gears up for November elections.
- Pope and Congress: Francis is certain to challenge lawmakers Updated: Aug-10-15 12:57 pm
WASHINGTON - A political pope is sure to seize his opportunity when he addresses a political body. So both Democrats and Republicans are looking forward to Pope Francis' remarks to Congress next month - and bracing for them, too.
- Kerry 'profoundly disagrees' with Schumer, Engel on Iran Updated: Aug-07-15 6:31 am
HANOI, Vietnam - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said Friday he "profoundly disagrees" with the reasoning behind decisions by two prominent Democratic lawmakers to vote against the nuclear deal he negotiated with Iran.