- Jailed clerk vows not to back down, no resolution in sight Updated: Sep-05-15 2:51 am
GRAYSON, Kentucky - Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis will spend Labor Day weekend in isolation at the Carter County Detention Center with her Bible and her clear conscience.
- Gay rights advocates: Jailed Kentucky clerk is no martyr Updated: Sep-04-15 6:07 pm
MOREHEAD, Kentucky - As a defiant Kentucky clerk sat in jail Friday, choosing indefinite imprisonment over licensing gay marriages, her lawyers approached the microphones outside and compared her to Dr. Martin Luther King.
- The Latest: Attorney: Clerk's contempt hearing was 'charade' Updated: Sep-04-15 3:39 pm
MOREHEAD, Kentucky - The latest on the county clerk in Kentucky who has refused to issue marriage licenses since the Supreme Court legalized gay marriage (all times local):
- Obama offended by attacks on Jews who back Iran deal Updated: Aug-31-15 7:00 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama said people who attack Jews who support the Iran nuclear deal are like African-Americans who differ with him on policy and then conclude he's "not black enough."
- Experts say tough talk on China overlooks economic realities Updated: Aug-29-15 3:17 am
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - If there was ever a week for the Republican presidential candidates to talk tough on China, this was it. Spurred by the stock market's wild ride, they lashed out at the world's most populous nation.
- Tim Scott hosting Rick Perry at town hall in Columbia Updated: Aug-27-15 4:06 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Rick Perry is the latest Republican presidential candidate to take part in a town hall meeting with South Carolina's junior senator.
- Cotton: Iran agreement could spark second 'nuclear age' Updated: Aug-25-15 1:01 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Republican U.S. Sen. Tom Cotton said Tuesday that he thinks an agreement aimed at dismantling Iran's nuclear program could instead create a "second nuclear age" that would threaten the United States and its allies.
- Huckabee criticizes China, trade deals after market drop Updated: Aug-24-15 10:40 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Republican presidential hopeful Mike Huckabee accused China on Monday of reneging on trade deals and continued his push for a national sales tax after stocks tumbled from a widespread sell-off.
- Top South Carolina prosecutor hosting presidential hopefuls Updated: Aug-20-15 3:15 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina's top prosecutor is taking part in a series of conversations with more than a dozen of the contenders seeking the Republican presidential nomination.
- Gov. Bobby Jindal joining US Sen. Tim Scott's town hall Updated: Aug-20-15 9:16 am
ANDERSON, South Carolina - Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal is in South Carolina this week for a town hall meeting with one of the state's senators.
- AP Interview: Huckabee vows to shake up Mideast policies Updated: Aug-19-15 1:03 pm
JERUSALEM - Republican presidential hopeful Mike Huckabee on Wednesday vowed to abandon key American policies in the Mideast if he is elected next year, endorsing positions that would put the U.S. at odds with its closest allies.
- Alabama Gov. Bentley endorses Kasich of Ohio for president Updated: Aug-17-15 5:49 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley on Monday endorsed Ohio Gov. John Kasich for the Republican presidential nomination, saying he has the executive-level experience and compassion necessary to lead.
- GOP hopeful Kasich lands endorsement of Alabama's governor Updated: Aug-17-15 2:53 pm
Republican John Kasich (KAY-sik) has landed the endorsement of fellow governor Robert Bentley of Alabama, as Kasich seeks to build support for the GOP presidential nomination.
- 2016 hopefuls hit the gym, try to skip pie on campaign trail Updated: Aug-17-15 3:44 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - Scott Walker is counting steps on his FitBit. Jeb Bush swears by the Paleo diet. Bobby Jindal is a "gym rat."
- Cruz enlists help of religious objections law's sponsor Updated: Aug-12-15 5:01 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Texas Sen. Ted Cruz enlisted the help of the legislator behind Arkansas' religious objections law on Wednesday as the Republican presidential hopeful tried to rally support in rival Mike Huckabee's home state.
- Cruz making 5 stops in Tennessee on weeklong tour of South Updated: Aug-10-15 7:18 pm
MURFREESBORO, Tennessee - Tennessee Republicans have a history of bucking establishment presidential candidates, which could explain why tea party favorite Ted Cruz is making five stops in the state this week.
- Constitutional convention sparking buzz, but odds still long Updated: Aug-10-15 12:32 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - With Republicans controlling more than half the state legislatures across the country, some want to use that power to push for a federal spending limit through a mechanism unused since George Washington's day.
- McConnell to Obama: Stop demonizing Iran deal opponents Updated: Aug-06-15 3:47 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama is treating his drive to win congressional approval for his nuclear deal with Iran like a political campaign, making attacks on opponents that need to stop, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said Thursday.
- US Sen. Mike Rounds supports Huckabee's presidential bid Updated: Aug-06-15 3:37 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - South Dakota U.S. Sen. Mike Rounds has endorsed former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee's bid for the White House in 2016.