- Tim Scott hosting Rick Perry at town hall in Columbia Updated: Aug-27-15 4:06 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Rick Perry is the latest Republican presidential candidate to take part in a town hall meeting with South Carolina's junior senator.
- Cotton: Iran agreement could spark second 'nuclear age' Updated: Aug-25-15 1:01 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Republican U.S. Sen. Tom Cotton said Tuesday that he thinks an agreement aimed at dismantling Iran's nuclear program could instead create a "second nuclear age" that would threaten the United States and its allies.
- Huckabee criticizes China, trade deals after market drop Updated: Aug-24-15 10:40 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Republican presidential hopeful Mike Huckabee accused China on Monday of reneging on trade deals and continued his push for a national sales tax after stocks tumbled from a widespread sell-off.
- Top South Carolina prosecutor hosting presidential hopefuls Updated: Aug-20-15 3:15 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina's top prosecutor is taking part in a series of conversations with more than a dozen of the contenders seeking the Republican presidential nomination.
- Gov. Bobby Jindal joining US Sen. Tim Scott's town hall Updated: Aug-20-15 9:16 am
ANDERSON, South Carolina - Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal is in South Carolina this week for a town hall meeting with one of the state's senators.
- AP Interview: Huckabee vows to shake up Mideast policies Updated: Aug-19-15 1:03 pm
JERUSALEM - Republican presidential hopeful Mike Huckabee on Wednesday vowed to abandon key American policies in the Mideast if he is elected next year, endorsing positions that would put the U.S. at odds with its closest allies.
- Alabama Gov. Bentley endorses Kasich of Ohio for president Updated: Aug-17-15 5:49 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley on Monday endorsed Ohio Gov. John Kasich for the Republican presidential nomination, saying he has the executive-level experience and compassion necessary to lead.
- GOP hopeful Kasich lands endorsement of Alabama's governor Updated: Aug-17-15 2:53 pm
Republican John Kasich (KAY-sik) has landed the endorsement of fellow governor Robert Bentley of Alabama, as Kasich seeks to build support for the GOP presidential nomination.
- 2016 hopefuls hit the gym, try to skip pie on campaign trail Updated: Aug-17-15 3:44 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - Scott Walker is counting steps on his FitBit. Jeb Bush swears by the Paleo diet. Bobby Jindal is a "gym rat."
- Cruz enlists help of religious objections law's sponsor Updated: Aug-12-15 5:01 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Texas Sen. Ted Cruz enlisted the help of the legislator behind Arkansas' religious objections law on Wednesday as the Republican presidential hopeful tried to rally support in rival Mike Huckabee's home state.
- Cruz making 5 stops in Tennessee on weeklong tour of South Updated: Aug-10-15 7:18 pm
MURFREESBORO, Tennessee - Tennessee Republicans have a history of bucking establishment presidential candidates, which could explain why tea party favorite Ted Cruz is making five stops in the state this week.
- Constitutional convention sparking buzz, but odds still long Updated: Aug-10-15 12:32 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - With Republicans controlling more than half the state legislatures across the country, some want to use that power to push for a federal spending limit through a mechanism unused since George Washington's day.
- McConnell to Obama: Stop demonizing Iran deal opponents Updated: Aug-06-15 3:47 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama is treating his drive to win congressional approval for his nuclear deal with Iran like a political campaign, making attacks on opponents that need to stop, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said Thursday.
- US Sen. Mike Rounds supports Huckabee's presidential bid Updated: Aug-06-15 3:37 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - South Dakota U.S. Sen. Mike Rounds has endorsed former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee's bid for the White House in 2016.
- Debate line-up illustrates power of Fox News in GOP campaign Updated: Aug-04-15 6:19 pm
NEW YORK - Iowa and New Hampshire are still on the horizon - but first there's the Fox primary, and the buildup to this week's first Republican presidential debate shows that the influence of Fox News Channel on the GOP selection process is stronger than ever.
- Collection of recent Oklahoma editorials Updated: Aug-04-15 10:19 am
A collection of recent editorial opinions in Oklahoma newspapers:
- AP News in Brief at 5:58 a.m. EDT Updated: Aug-04-15 6:05 am
Debate stage drama: Republican presidential candidates await top 10 announcement
- GOP White House hopefuls flood New Hampshire Updated: Aug-03-15 4:06 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Days before the first official debate of the 2016 Republican presidential primary, nearly every GOP White House hopeful is heading to New Hampshire.