- Mickelson's round stalls, Kang's does not Updated: Feb-13-16 2:17 am
PEBBLE BEACH, California - The back nine didn't go according to plan for Phil Mickelson during the second round of the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am, and the par-3 14th hole at Monterey Peninsula served as the best illustration.
- Kang flirts with 59 and doesn't even know it Updated: Feb-12-16 7:36 pm
PEBBLE BEACH, California - Sung Kang didn't know anything about his amateur partner until he went on the Internet and looked up actor Ray Romano. He didn't realize the par at Monterey Peninsula was 71 until he scrambled for par on his final hole and realized while signing his card Friday that he set the course record with a career-low 60.
- Love gets an earlier start on knowing Ryder Cup team Updated: Feb-10-16 7:21 pm
PEBBLE BEACH, California - The U.S. Ryder Cup team traditionally starts to take shape at the Memorial when the top players are invited to one of the cottages at Muirfield Village to be fitted for uniforms. Davis Love III wants to get an earlier start in his second stint as captain.
- West Coast Swing can get a bad reputation for weather Updated: Feb-09-16 8:00 pm
PEBBLE BEACH, California - The first stop on the "California Coastal Swing" featured 40 mph gusts and rain that led to a Monday finish at Torrey Pines with no spectators and hardly any volunteers. And that's all it takes to revive memories of what once was referred to as the Wet Coast Swing.
- Jordan Spieth: the target inside and outside the ropes Updated: Feb-09-16 12:26 pm
PEBBLE BEACH, California - Jordan Spieth had to work his way through about 100 people who blocked his path to the first tee at Pebble Beach. They held out tournament tickets, caps, glossy photos and Masters flags for him to sign, and some asked him to stop for pictures.
- A perfect storm works out perfectly for Snedeker Updated: Feb-02-16 2:02 am
SAN DIEGO - Brandt Snedeker now has four PGA Tour victories in which he started at least five shots out of the lead in the final round. The Farmers Insurance Open followed the script of his previous comeback except for one big difference.
- Spieth takes early share of lead at Singapore Open Updated: Jan-28-16 6:49 am
SINGAPORE - A good night's sleep and a helping hand from his manager was all Jordan Spieth needed to get back in the swing of things on the latest leg of his globe-trotting tour.
- Azinger replaces Norman as lead golf announcer for Fox Updated: Jan-27-16 5:25 pm
SAN DIEGO - Paul Azinger has been selected as the lead golf analyst for Fox Sports as it enters the second year of televising the U.S. Open and other USGA championships.
- Jordan Spieth's international tour continues in Singapore Updated: Jan-26-16 12:05 am
SINGAPORE - Jordan Spieth's worldwide golf adventure continues this week at the Singapore Open, where he says the weather reminds him a bit of his home state of Texas.
- Fowler eyes major to merit inclusion in golf's elite Updated: Jan-25-16 4:59 am
ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates - Golf's new "Big Three" has been around for only a few months, and already there's talk of the exclusive group being expanded.
- Fowler wins in Abu Dhabi, another near miss for McIlroy Updated: Jan-24-16 10:32 am
ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates - Rickie Fowler puffed his cheeks and shook his head. What looked like being a procession to the Abu Dhabi Championship title ended up being a squeeze for the American on Sunday.
- Globe-trotter Spieth 'beat up, mentally and physically' Updated: Jan-24-16 9:38 am
ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates - Jordan Spieth's globe-trotting days are over, at least for the foreseeable future.
- Li hopeful accidental start in golf leads to Olympics Updated: Jan-23-16 12:39 pm
HONOLULU - Li Haotong is no stranger to the big stage, even as a 20-year-old from China who never had any intention of playing golf.
- 'The Golf Scientist' tames Abu Dhabi field with unique style Updated: Jan-21-16 9:16 am
ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates - Bryson DeChambeau was still in high school when he told his father: "I think I can change the game of golf."
- Short game: European Tour allows shorts in practice, pro-ams Updated: Jan-20-16 8:05 am
ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates - Golfers on the European Tour have a new item of clothing to pack in their suitcases.
- McIlroy expects better short game, putting after eye surgery Updated: Jan-20-16 4:42 am
ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates - Rory McIlroy expects his short game and putting to be better this year after undergoing laser eye surgery during his two-month break from competitive golf.
- Spieth's top goal in 2016: Winning the Ryder Cup with US Updated: Jan-20-16 3:56 am
ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates - Forget the majors, forget an Olympic gold medal: Jordan Spieth's big goal in 2016 is winning the Ryder Cup with the United States.
- Northern Trust to shift title sponsorship from LA to NY Updated: Jan-19-16 1:34 pm
HONOLULU - Northern Trust is moving its title sponsorship on the PGA Tour from Los Angeles to New York and will become the opening FedEx Cup playoff event next year, which could create a small domino effect of sponsors.
- Paul Chaplet wins Latin America Amateur, spot in Masters Updated: Jan-17-16 4:43 pm
LA ROMANA, Dominican Republic - Six years after Paul Chaplet first touched a golf club, the 16-year-old from Costa Rica is going to the Masters.