- World's top 3 golfers all coming off wins to Memorial Updated: May-29-16 8:55 pm
Jason Day, Jordan Spieth and Rory McIlroy, the top three in the world golf ranking, are all going to Muirfield Village for the Memorial coming off victories.
- Lone Star: Spieth's 8th PGA win is 1st in Texas, at Colonial Updated: May-29-16 8:17 pm
FORT WORTH, Texas - Jordan Spieth found the perfect cure for his Masters misery.
- AP-TX--Texas Sports Digest 1 pm, TX Updated: May-28-16 2:07 pm
Good afternoon! Here's a look at AP's Texas sports coverage. Questions about coverage plans are welcome and should be directed to the AP Dallas bureau at 972-991-2100, or at 800-442-7189. Email email@example.com. David Warren is on the desk.
- National Spelling Bee ends in its unlikeliest tie to date Updated: May-27-16 10:12 am
OXON HILL, Maryland - If not for his high-pitched voice, there would be no way to peg Nihar Janga as the youngest-ever winner of the Scripps National Spelling Bee.
- Russell Knox gaining confidence going into key stretch Updated: May-24-16 2:43 pm
Russell Knox needed results before he could find confidence, and now his confidence is soaring.
- Garcia beats Koepka with par on first playoff hole at Nelson Updated: May-22-16 8:28 pm
IRVING, Texas - Sergio Garcia shot a 62 the first round he played at the Byron Nelson and tied for third as a 19-year-old kid in 1999. He won there five years later, again with Lord Byron watching.
- Motivated Spieth back home at Nelson, his 1st PGA Tour event Updated: May-18-16 11:58 am
IRVING, Texas - Jordan Spieth is back home, at the tournament he and his father have hopped a fence to watch and at the TPC course where as a 16-year-old he played his first PGA Tour event.
- Jason Day in it for the long haul Updated: May-17-16 5:31 pm
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Florida - To see him now, it's hard to believe Jason Day had only one victory in his first six years on the PGA Tour.
- Jason Day starting to draw comparisons with Tiger Woods Updated: May-16-16 12:12 pm
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Florida - Nothing is good enough for Jason Day.
- Day is leading and won't let up at Players Championship Updated: May-14-16 7:04 am
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Florida - Jason Day has been practically flawless for two days at The Players Championship, and equally relentless.
- A rusty Masters champion gets back to work Updated: May-10-16 5:50 pm
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Florida - Masters champion Danny Willett has been away from golf for a month and has been working harder than ever.
- Australia's Marc Leishman out of Rio Olympics consideration Updated: May-04-16 10:07 pm
Marc Leishman won't be playing golf for Australia at the Rio Olympics in August, citing concerns over the health of his family because of the mosquito-borne Zika virus.
- Spieth gets look at 'hardest test' during visit to Oakmont Updated: May-04-16 4:03 pm
OAKMONT, Pennsylvania - Jordan Spieth briefly weighed the request, then politely declined.
- McIlroy aims for 1st PGA Tour win of year at Wells Fargo Updated: May-04-16 3:41 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Rory McIlroy is confident a return to one of his favorite golf courses will end his winless streak on the PGA Tour.
- Spieth refreshed, ready to return following Masters meltdown Updated: May-03-16 9:27 pm
Jordan Spieth understands his meltdown at the end of the Masters will follow him. And three weeks later, Spieth's not quite ready to say he's over letting a five-shot lead in the final round morph into that awkward ceremony in the Butler Cabin that ended with him slipping the green jacket on Danny Willett following an ugly and very public collapse.