- Nielsen: 13.76 million viewers for Letterman Updated: May-21-15 3:07 pm
NEW YORK - Comic celebrities turned out for David Letterman's late-night farewell - and so did his biggest audience in more than 21 years.
- David Letterman leaves late night with thanks and a smile Updated: May-21-15 9:40 am
NEW YORK - There are those who will argue that the world of television hasn't suffered such a loss in nearly a generation, and they're right.
- Saluting Dave with a Top Ten List of what sets him apart Updated: May-18-15 11:03 am
NEW YORK - David Letterman leaves late night on Wednesday after 33 years when he retires from CBS' "Late Show," his TV home since 1993. Now, drawing inspiration from his "Top Ten" lists, we offer a list of what made him special.
- David Letterman on retirement: It's time, but he's torn Updated: May-14-15 10:22 am
NEW YORK - You don't think of David Letterman as a stop-and-smell-the-flowers type, but here he is, at a major turning point yet savoring his chocolate milkshake.
- Memories from the CBS boss who signed Dave 22 long years ago Updated: May-11-15 11:37 am
NEW YORK - In his long career at CBS and then as Sony boss, Howard Stringer faced plenty of ticklish negotiations and weighty talent deals.
- Joanne Carson, ex-wife of former 'Tonight Show' host, dies Updated: May-09-15 11:10 pm
LOS ANGELES - Joanne Carson, the second wife of "Tonight Show" host Johnny Carson, has died in Southern California. She was 83.
- Paul Shaffer ready to disband the CBS Orchestra Updated: May-07-15 12:20 pm
NEW YORK - Hidden in the attention being paid to David Letterman leading to his May 20 retirement is the knowledge that it will also mean the end of a regular television role for America's bandleader, Paul Shaffer.
- Melissa Rivers lauds and laughs in 'The Book of Joan' Updated: May-04-15 3:06 pm
"The Book of Joan" (Crown), by Melissa Rivers