- Vermont gets $12.4M grant for substance abuse prevention Updated: Jul-06-15 1:14 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Officials say a $12.4 million federal grant will allow Vermont to expand statewide a program aimed at reducing substance abuse among 12- to 25-year-olds.
- US Sen. Leahy sees 'positive change,' work to do in Cuba Updated: Jun-27-15 4:47 pm
HAVANA - A leading U.S. Democratic senator said Saturday that Cuba is making progress on reform, but much remains to be done, including opening a U.S. embassy in the country.
- Leahy heads US Senate delegation to Cuba ahead of embassies Updated: Jun-26-15 6:17 pm
HAVANA - A bipartisan delegation of U.S. senators was in Cuba on Friday to meet with top government officials and others to discuss rapprochement between the two countries.
- Report: Colombia generals go unpunished in civilian killings Updated: Jun-24-15 12:46 pm
BOGOTA, Colombia - Dozens of senior Colombian army officers implicated in the killing of 3,000 civilians falsely claimed to be rebels a decade ago have risen through the ranks and are escaping punishment for their roles in one of Latin America's worst atrocities, Human Rights Watch said Wednesday.
- Leahy, Sanders, both vote against trade pact authority Updated: Jun-23-15 12:31 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Both of Vermont's U.S. senators have voted no in a losing effort to block President Barack Obama's push for a new trade deal with 12 Asian nations.