- Vermont Democrats gather for state party convention Updated: May-22-16 8:28 am
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Vermont Democrats are gathering for their annual convention, at which 11 of 26 delegates to this summer's national party convention in Philadelphia will be elected.
- Clarification: Party Conventions story Updated: May-20-16 7:19 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - In a story May 19, The Associated Press reported that U.S. Sen. Patrick Leahy was one of four unpledged Vermont delegates to the Democratic National Convention supporting presidential candidate Hillary Clinton. The story should have made clear a Leahy aide says the senator's "personal support" is with Clinton but he'll vote for the candidate with the most pledged delegates, a category in which Clinton has a wide lead.
- Leahy: New cases show why Supreme Court needs 9 justices Updated: May-17-16 12:39 am
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Vermont U.S. Sen. Patrick Leahy is pointing to two new unresolved court cases as signs that the Supreme Court needs a full complement of nine justices.
- Senate's power brokers are aging; several to seek new terms Updated: May-08-16 9:10 pm
WASHINGTON - Millennials have emerged as the nation's largest living generation yet that demographic shift isn't reflected in the upper reaches of the Republican-controlled Senate, where the body's oldest members are the power brokers.
- Senators try to revive criminal justice overhaul Updated: Apr-28-16 3:48 pm
WASHINGTON - A bipartisan group of senators unveiled legislation on Thursday to give judges more discretion in sentencing offenders, a renewed push to overhaul the nation's criminal justice system after objections from some conservatives and Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz.