- Stocks rise to wrap up a strong week as banks move higher Updated: May-27-16 4:50 pm
NEW YORK - Stocks rose Friday to wrap up their strongest week in almost three months. Banks gained ground after Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen said the central bank intends to keep raising interest rates provided the economy continues to improve.
- Colorado governor's book raises Clinton veep speculation Updated: May-27-16 8:30 am
DENVER - John Hickenlooper, Colorado's term-limited Democratic governor, released a candid autobiography and is doing the book talk rounds this week, reviving speculation that he is positioning himself to join Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign ticket.
- More work, more pay? New rule extends overtime to millions Updated: May-18-16 6:45 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - More than 4 million U.S. workers will become newly eligible for overtime pay under rules issued Wednesday by the Obama administration.
- US labor secretary visits Rhode Island welders-in-training Updated: May-13-16 4:07 pm
EAST PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Using jobs-hungry Rhode Island as a testing ground for one of Democratic President Barack Obama's economic priorities, U.S. Labor Secretary Thomas Perez toured a labor union's apprenticeship program Friday to talk with aspiring plumbers and pipefitters hoping to lift themselves into middle-class careers.
- Labor Secretary Tom Perez to speak to Virginia Democrats Updated: May-10-16 1:20 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - U.S. Labor Secretary Tom Perez is coming to swing-state Virginia to speak to the state's Democrats.