- Sanchez struggles again, Tigers lose 8-5 to Phillies Updated: May-25-16 6:22 pm
DETROIT - If Anibal Sanchez could have one pitch back, maybe the Detroit Tigers would have beaten Philadelphia.
- Herrera's homer helps Phillies to 8-5 win over Tigers Updated: May-25-16 5:51 pm
DETROIT - With a series in Chicago against the Cubs looming next on the schedule, Philadelphia manager Pete Mackanin felt leaving Detroit with at least one victory was crucial.
- Phillies shut down by Verlander in 3-1 loss to Tigers Updated: May-24-16 11:26 pm
DETROIT - Philadelphia manager Pete Mackanin did not need any complex explanations for his team's offensive struggles against Justin Verlander.
- Tigers' Sanchez tires in 6th in 7-5 loss to Rays Updated: May-21-16 12:10 am
DETROIT - Brad Ausmus and Anibal Sanchez have one important thing in common right now.
- Powerful Rays beat Blue Jays 6-3 to complete 3-game sweep Updated: May-18-16 11:17 pm
TORONTO - The Tampa Bay Rays have a reputation for defense and great pitching.
- Verlander reaches K milestone, helps Tigers beat Twins 6-3 Updated: May-18-16 6:30 pm
DETROIT - Justin Verlander, sporting a scruffy beard on his 33-year-old face, chuckled when the Detroit Tigers showed a video montage of some of his significant strikeouts during a career that started more than a decade ago.
- Cubs walk Harper 6 times, Baez homers in 13th to beat Nats Updated: May-08-16 9:17 pm
CHICAGO - Javier Baez got the pitch he wanted and propelled the Cubs to yet another victory on a day when it looked like Jake Arrieta might finally pick up a loss.
- Cubs walk Harper 6 times, Baez homers in 13th to beat Nats Updated: May-08-16 8:37 pm
CHICAGO - Bryce Harper was drawing walks at such a ridiculous rate he wound up tying a major league record.
- Wilson hits slam vs team that traded him, Texas tops Tigers Updated: May-08-16 6:08 pm
DETROIT - Maybe the Detroit Tigers should have waited a week before trading Bobby Wilson.
- Anthony Gose doubles, homers to lead Tigers over A's 7-3 Updated: Apr-28-16 8:03 pm
DETROIT - Detroit Tigers right-hander Anibal Sanchez thinks he is getting closer to finding the mechanics that deserted him last year.