- New law keeps hospitals from billing sex assault survivors Updated: Aug-26-15 4:02 am
CHICAGO - Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan is hailing a new state law that will prevent hospitals from billing survivors of sexual assault for medical forensic exams.
- Illinois' AG and Chicago mayor question gas prices spike Updated: Aug-25-15 6:34 am
CHICAGO - Attorney General Lisa Madigan and Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel say they want answers from the Illinois Petroleum Council about the gas prices increase.
- New law requires colleges take steps to address sex assault Updated: Aug-23-15 5:08 am
CHICAGO - A new state law will require Illinois colleges to take steps to prevent and respond to sexual assault.
- New law will allow cameras in Illinois nursing homes Updated: Aug-21-15 6:16 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A new Illinois law will allow cameras in nursing home rooms.
- Without a budget, Illinois' spending - and deficit - balloon Updated: Aug-15-15 12:08 pm
CHICAGO - Illinois Republicans and Democrats alike wailed when the Democrat-controlled Legislature approved a state budget last year that was more than $1 billion out of balance. Then-gubernatorial candidate Bruce Rauner called the spending plan "phony," while the party in power acknowledged it was "incomplete" and riddled with gimmicks.