- Investigative firm discounts Rutherford harassment claim Updated: May-19-16 5:30 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - An investigator hired by then-state Treasurer Dan Rutherford to review a former employee's allegations of sexual harassment by the one-time gubernatorial hopeful found no evidence of harassment or retaliation, according to a copy of the review obtained by The Associated Press on Thursday.
- Excerpts from recent editorials in newspapers in Illinois Updated: May-11-16 9:08 am
May 9, 2016
- Investigation: Chicago schools not in need of state takeover Updated: May-07-16 2:45 pm
CHICAGO - An investigation into the fiscal condition of Chicago Public Schools ordered by Gov. Bruce Rauner shows there's no need for state intervention.
- Correction: Dennis Hastert-Legislation story Updated: May-05-16 11:48 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - In a story May 4 about Illinois legislation that would eliminate the statute of limitations on child sex abuse crimes, The Associated Press reported erroneously that former U.S. House Speaker Dennis Hastert paid $3.5 million to silence someone who accused him of sexual abuse. Hastert agreed to pay that amount, but he ultimately paid only $1.7 million and the victim is now suing him to collect the rest.
- The Latest: With sentencing Hastert loses teacher pension Updated: Apr-27-16 8:42 pm
CHICAGO - The Latest on the sentencing of former U.S. House Speaker Dennis Hastert (all times local):