- News briefs from around Kentucky at 1:58 a.m. EDT Updated: Oct-01-15 3:01 am
CHICAGO - The Illinois attorney general's office says a subpoena has been issued in the investigation into Volkswagen.
- Central Illinois newspaper sues governor over record request Updated: Sep-24-15 6:04 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A central Illinois weekly newspaper is suing Gov. Bruce Rauner after the attorney general's office said he must turn over appointment calendars showing his daily schedule.
- State fires Illinois Lottery manager Northstar after report Updated: Sep-18-15 6:55 pm
CHICAGO - The state of Illinois reached an agreement to terminate the contract of Northstar Lottery Group, the private company managing the state's lottery, the governor's office said Friday.
- GOP lawmakers pitch new plan to trim Illinois pension debt Updated: Sep-10-15 5:13 pm
CHICAGO - Republican lawmakers are pitching a new idea they say could make a small dent in Illinois' worst-in-the-nation pension debt at a time when the state has few remaining options for dealing with the multibillion-dollar problem.
- Hearing on consent decrees delves into budget blame Updated: Sep-08-15 3:08 pm
CHICAGO - An Illinois Senate hearing on payments to social service providers through court orders has delved more into finger pointing over why there isn't a state budget.