- Bluegrass music patriarch Ralph Stanley dies at 89 Updated: Jun-23-16 9:57 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Ralph Stanley, a patriarch of Appalachian music who with his brother Carter helped expand and popularize the genre that became known as bluegrass, died Thursday. He was 89.
- Al Pacino, the Eagles among Kennedy Center honorees Updated: Jun-23-16 1:07 pm
WASHINGTON - This year's Kennedy Center honorees include musicians who span genres including pop, rock, gospel, blues, folk and classical - and an actor known for his extraordinary range.
- Jimmy Carter auction includes hand-crafted furniture Updated: Jun-17-16 3:23 pm
ATLANTA - An auction raising money for the human rights organization formed by Jimmy Carter will include a table and chairs crafted by the former president and three artists.
- Neil Young continues revolutionary streak with 'Earth' album Updated: Jun-16-16 7:08 am
CALABASAS, California - When Neil Young turned his 1959 Lincoln Continental into an electric car, developed a high-tech digital music system and mixed animal sounds into his latest album, he didn't think it was revolutionary. They were just cool ideas he wanted to try.
- Elvis Presley producer Lincoln 'Chips' Moman dies at 79 Updated: Jun-14-16 2:09 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Lincoln "Chips" Moman, a Memphis producer, musician and songwriter who helped Elvis Presley engineer a musical comeback in the late '60s and then moved to Nashville to record Willie Nelson, Merle Haggard and other top country performers, died Monday in LaGrange, Georgia. He was 79.
- DuQuoin adds Aaron Lewis, Pat Green to grandstand lineup Updated: Jun-08-16 11:01 pm
DUQUOIN, Illinois - The DuQuoin State Fair will host a night of country music featuring artists who together have sold 17 million albums.